Liquefied Natural Gas Apprentice Technician, National Grid Ventures (Advanced Apprenticeship) - Isle of Grain, Kent
Not taking applications
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Warehouse and Storage
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
Ref no.: 17066
Location: Isle of Grain, Kent
Closing Date: 10th March 2019
* You must have, or be predicted to gain, a Grade C or above/4-9 or equivalent GCSE in English Language and Maths.
* In addition to the GCSE requirements, you must also have one of the following sets of qualifications:
* 3 other GCSE’s - must be in IT, Technical Drawing, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Science, English Literature, Geography or History (Grade C or above)
* Engineering diploma/qualification i.e. BTEC (Pass or above)
* To apply for this role, you must hold a valid full UK car driving licence, or be willing to learn to drive and agree to security a valid full UK car driving licence within 12 months after joining the programme or as soon as possible after your 17th birthday.
* This role requires you to work in confined spaces and work at heights during the programme and/or in the end role.
* You must be willing to relocate your primary residence to within a 45-minute journey time to the location of the role. Details about when this must be done and whether relocation assistance will be provided will be confirmed at Assessment Centre stage. You will also be required to spend a large proportion of your time at our Training Academy in Eakring and/or at the relevant educational institution.
About the role
Operational Apprentice is a an exciting new role to Grain LNG where you will be exposed to three of our Operational departments to gain the knowledge and experience to become one of our LNG technicians, with the end game to be either working with our Permit team or eventually working within one of our six shift teams.
* To learn how to provide process engineering support to the terminal shift operations team, to ensure accurate and consistent operations and to use engineering technical knowledge and data analysis to improve and enhance the terminal operations.
* Assisting in the monitoring, analysis and reporting of site operational data; investigate plant performance issues and opportunities to enable improvement and innovation in the operation of the terminal.
* Helping to undertake the engineering analysis and calculations of LNG terminal stock, ship cargos and terminal gas export. Undertake the planning and co-ordination of the terminal stock management with recommendations for action made in timely manner.
* Assisting the onsite Isolation Engineers in performing plant isolations/ de-isolations for maintenance and operational outages. The role will be primarily be out on the operational site were you will be performing purging operations, implementing isolation and de-isolations of plant, identifying/checking plant valves against P&ID’s.
* Working closely with the six operation teams, you will provide support daily to the duty shift team. There are three main roles with in the operation team:
* Outside Technician – Responsible for operating utility equipment, checking the physical state of LNG assets, taking plant readings and checking alarms. When ships are at berth for unloading, you will support the ship connection and perform checks on the ship during the operation.
* Road Tanker Technician – Supporting the loading of LNG tankers in our newest asset the Road Tanker loading facility.
*Control Room Technician – Operating and controlling a state of the art LNG facility remotely via a Honeywell DSC system. Managing a number of processes including: the quality of gas leaving the site; tank pressures; Gas and LNG flow rates; alarm on a 24 hour basis.
Sign-up or log in to apply