We offer this LLB (Hons) Degree as a four-year course with an integrated Foundation Year to give you the skills you need to succeed at undergraduate study. The perfect introduction to your undergraduate studies, the Foundation Year prepares you with the skills you will need as you progress in your studies.
As a successful LLB (Hons) student, you will be able to apply your legal understanding from your studies to complex situations to provide a well-reasoned solution.
Each year of this Arden University Law Degree will present different core law principles. Once you have mastered this core theory, you will be able to tailor your studies by choosing two optional modules to suit your professional interests.
- Developing Academic Skills
- Using Numeracy, Data & IT
- Research Skills and Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Crime and Law in Context
- Psychology of Everyday Life
- Foundation in Legal Skills
- English Legal System
- Criminal Law
- Law of Contract
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- Law and Ethics
- Law of Tort 1 - Tort of Negligence
- Law of Tort 2 - Land and Other Torts
- Civil Liberties and Human Rights
- Law of Property
- European Union Law
- Pro Bono and Professional Practice
- Equity, Trusts and Wills
- Law of Evidence
- Legal Research Methods & Project
- Family Law
- Employment Law**
- Company Law**
- International Commercial Law
- Intellectual Property Law**
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change. Optional modules are subject to availability.
Candidates for our Blended Learning LLB (Hons) with Qualifying Status and Foundation Year are required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-550 words) or interview demonstrating an ability to study the programme at Arden University, taking into account:
- Your motivation for undertaking the programme
- Relevant work experience
- Prior qualifications
If your previous study was not in English, you will also need to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).