Lookers Volkswagen Group Body Technician Apprentice
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Welding & Metalwork
- Automotive Apprenticeships
- Newcastle Upon Tyne remove
Volkswagen group apprenticeships don’t just bring more manufacturer trained young technicians into the paint and body network; they help guarantee the future of the industry by passing vital skills on to a new generation.
The Technician programme will be taught over three years at the Volkswagen group apprenticeship programme centre in Milton Keynes.
When cars, vans, motorcycles and larger vehicles are damaged in accidents, they are taken to a body repair workshop. Some repairers will complete the process from start to finish and others will have specialised roles and work on one part of the repair process.
Paint technicians are responsible for preparing vehicles to be painted after damage has occurred or panels have been replaced. This will include repairing minor scratches to match the rest of the vehicle. Duties of a paint technician may include:
- Ensuring all parts have been stripped from the vehicle in order for it to be painted
- Sanding down relevant area and adjoining areas for blending
- Masking out areas to be treated
- Etching and priming area to be treated
- Selecting, matching and mixing colour
On completion of the whole 3 year Apprenticeship Programme you will receive the following qualifications:-
- VCQ Level 2 & 3 in Vehicle Body Repair Operations
- Technical Certificate Level 2 & 3
- Key Skills Level 1 & 2 in Communication, Application of Number and IT
You must have a genuine interest working in the automotive sector and be committed to the three year apprenticeship programme. You must be willing to learn in a practical environment.
Desired Qualifications : A minimum of three GCSE’s grades A-C (New Grades 4 – 9) in English, Maths and Science or the equivalent.Sign-up or log in to apply