Jewson (a part of Saint-Gobain) - Management Trainee – Various Locations
Are you looking to launch your career with an award winning, globally recognised brand?
- Do you want a career without boundaries?
- Is it important that you work for a company that encourages you to reach your full potential?
- Does a real job with real responsibilities appeal to you?
If your answers to the above are ‘Yes’, then joining Jewson / Saint-Gobain could be the right career move for you! We are one of the Top 100 Global Innovators and one of the 50 largest employers in the world.
What will I be doing in the role?
The Management Trainee programme is a 15 Month structured, practical, branch based programme that offers you a combination of on the job and off the job training to equip you with the specific knowledge, skills and experience needed to become a Branch Manager of the future.
The majority of your programme will be spent “on the job” learning how to manage a branch. You will also take part in “off the job” training to support individual, group and sales projects.
Our Trainee’s will complete a National Recognised Management Development Apprenticeship (at Level 3) and will have further opportunities to progress onto Higher Apprenticeships at Level 5 (Foundation Degree) and Level 6 (Degree). Therefore we will truly invest in you and your future.
During your time on the programme you will be asked to travel to different branches within the UK and stay away from home for short periods of time for training.
In the role as a Management Trainee you will;
- Undertake a Management Trainee scheme, demonstrating a professional approach at all times, and flexibility to work within the requirements of the scheme
- Undertake various roles within a branch setting, to gain a clear understanding of how a branch operates alongside the our Management Development Apprenticeship
- Participate in group or deliver individual projects / operational sales agreed tasks, as agreed in line with the scheme requirements
- Work closely with the Branch Manager and other functional heads to the branch to continually learn the responsibilities and requirements of this role i.e. tool hire, warehouse, sales office, yard etc.
- Ensure presence at any training event in line with scheme requirements
- Continually grow own knowledge brand related products, key customers and suppliers, to work towards continuous development
- Promote a positive brand image at all times and be responsible for the upkeep and condition of any Company property allocated in the course of carrying out the job
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures (HR, Health & Safety, Business Controls, etc) and ensure all branch staff also adhere to these
- Undertake duties in a manner compliant with the Company’s Principles of Conduct and Action
Am I who you are looking for?
In Jewson we recognise that it is our people who set us apart, and we are always searching for talented, motivated and committed individuals who will help to ensure our continued growth and success in the future. You will relish a challenge and thrive in demanding conditions, using your initiative to realise new ways to enhance performance and overcome barriers of adversity.
For the Management Trainee specifically it is important that:
- You are willing to learn with a ‘can do’ attitude at all times.
- You are ambitious with a drive to want to succeed in a retail environment.
- You must have the ability to work on your own initiative and build strong relationships with colleagues and also customers.
- You have experience of working in a team or with customers.
- If you feel you have what it takes to become a Branch Manager and wish to be considered for this excellent opportunity you must hold a full UK driving licence (or be actively working towards)
- You ideally possess a minimum of 5 GCSE at Grade C or above (or equivalent L2 vocational qualifications).
Our Values are really important to us and we would expect to see all our teams being able to demonstrate these on a daily bases, they are:
- Cultivate Customer Intimacy
- Act as an Entrepreneur
- Be Agile
- Build an Open and Engaging culture
What about the business I’ll be joining?
This vacancy is working for Jewson - part of the Saint-Gobain group. With over 600 branches across the country, Jewson is the UK's leading supplier of sustainable timber and building materials. The first Jewson branch opened in 1836 - for 180 years we have been supplying building materials and supporting the trade.
Jewson offers the widest range of quality materials and products from everyday core essentials to the latest sustainable innovations - Jewson's friendly and knowledgeable staff continue to provide the highest levels of customer service. In addition to timber and building materials, Jewson also has specialist landscaping, joinery, insulation, tool hire, brick, kitchen and bathroom centres up and down the country.
With over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide, and with more than 30 businesses operating in the UK & Ireland, we offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of opportunities across countless types of career, so no matter what business you start your career with at Saint-Gobain; you truly have the ability to build a career anywhere within our group. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You In?
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an employee you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV on our careers site. We will be in touch with you after your application to tell you about the next stages.
If you are successful as part of the next stage of the process, we will be conducting a short Video Interview exercise.
Make sure you have done a little research into our organisation and as this will be your first opportunity to sell yourself to us, think about how you present yourself, and the first impression you will be giving out)
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.
Sign-up or log in to apply