Management Trainee – Mechanical & Electrical Services (Farnborough , South East)
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a huge beneficial impact for the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 4th in the 2019 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For – better than any other construction company.
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen’s Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability – we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.
Recognising that our people are our future, Willmott Dixon has one of the most established and successful Management Trainee programmes in the industry; we have been nurturing, developing and fulfilling potential for 40 years in this way. Many of our past management trainees are now in a senior leadership role and some of the most talented now sit on the main board!
This programme offers a structured, fast-track route to a management role in one of the most forward thinking construction and property companies in the UK. Apply today to take the first step to starting your career of a lifetime with Willmott Dixon!
We are now recruiting for our September 2020 intake and are seeking a Management Trainee – Mechanical & Electrical Services to join our Central South construction business based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
As an M&E Services Trainee you will be directly involved in the successful design and project management of the mechanical and electrical packages on construction projects. These include crucial systems such as power, lighting, heating, ventilation, audio-visual systems etc. Your career is all about ensuring the M&E packages are designed, costed and installed correctly. You will do this by working closely with the design, estimating and project teams to ensure the customers’ expectations are met and, wherever possible, exceeded.
The Management Trainee programme will provide you with a great foundation for a successful and rewarding career in construction; you will get exposure to all areas of our business to develop your understanding of the construction business as a whole, not just your chosen discipline.
The length of your programme will depend on your entry route but is generally between two and four years. On successful completion of the training programme you will be promoted in to an assistant level role within your chosen discipline and positively supported to complete a professional qualification such as RIBA or CIOB.
Our Management Trainees come from diverse backgrounds and qualification routes. We welcome all applications: from school, college or university or through building trades backgrounds or other relevant work experience. All that we ask is that you have a passion for building a career in construction.
Our programme is open to a wide range of applicants:
• Skilled trades people
• School leaver with A' Levels or equivalent qualification
• College leavers
• Industrial placement students
In order to get the most out of the Management Trainee programme you will need:
• The competence and drive to work to the highest standards
• To be analytical and forward thinking
• To demonstrate model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and collaboration
As a result of being part of the Management Trainee programme you will gain / be able to:
• A strong understanding of business processes and industry IT systems
• The ability to build effective working relationships
• The ability to make decisions in a timely and appropriate manner
• Reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve
• Identify your customers’ needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
• Constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives
• Recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the business as well as with external partners
• Take personal responsibility for making things happen
• Find practical ways to overcome barriers
• Manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy
There will be a structured training programme for you to follow, and a mentor will assist with your progress through this. Further training consists of a residential training course provided by the CITB (Construction Industry Training Board) where you experience “hands-on” trade skills; for example bricklaying, joinery and painting.
As a Management Trainee you will receive:
• Competitive Salary
• Company car or allowance (if applicable)
• Incentive Scheme
• Laptop and phone (if applicable)
• Book Allowance
• Day release to study (if applicable)
• Pay for your college / university / vocational study fees (if applicable)
• Study leave (if applicable)
• Travel Expenses
Above everything else you will be joining a values-based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets. Above all, we believe we have a purpose beyond profit, a responsibility to leave a positive legacy in our environment and communities.
• The closing date for applications is Sunday 12th January 2020
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to undertake a video interview in early February 2020 with a deadline for submissions of Sunday 16th February 2020
• Following review of the video interviews, successful candidates will be invited to an assessment day on Friday 13th March 2020
• Following the assessment day, successful candidates will be invited to a final interview on Tuesday 17th March 2020
• Successful candidates will start the programme in September 2020
Please be aware that you may not receive a response or feedback until applications have been reviewed after the closing date.