Materials & Supply Chain Coordinator
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Full Time
- Employability Skills
- Employment & Training
- School Leaver
- Business & Admin
- Logistics and Warehousing Vacancies
- Project Management
- Warehouse and Storage
A great opportunity for a strong graduate, apprentice graduate or strong apprentice to kick-start your career in a varied and interesting role.
Vimpex Limited is an independent Essex-based manufacturer of fire alarm and building infrastructure system evacuation devices and accessories as well as a well-respected distributor of rescue and other specialist equipment to the public sector.
Based at our Southend on Sea headquarters, you will be a key part of our administration team reporting to the Operations Manager as Materials and Supply Chain Coordinator.
Connecting with admin, operations and manufacturing, this role is varied, exciting and a fantastic chance to develop your career in the industrial/commercial sector.
- Working with the Operations Manager to continuously improve the Company’s purchasing and supply chain function
- Development of Company’s new ERP system to achieve industry leading materials management
- Monitoring stock levels, usage and trends
- Creating and managing Bills of Materials
- Creating new part numbers and maintaining existing products on the Company ERP system
- Assisting with ongoing parts data cleansing project
- Continuous pursuit of performance improvement and drive for LEAN operations
SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Conscientious with a high level of attention to detail
- GCSE: A-C in Maths and English or equivalent
- Basic computer literacy (MS Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Willingness ‘to go the extra mile’ to get the job done on time, every time
- Further education to A level / First Degree
- CIPS training or other supply chain/purchasing experience
- Exposure to Supply Chain Management and Materials Control
- Experience of Lean principles and philosophy
- Competitive salary (£20,000 – £26,000)
- Opportunity for CIPS / Graduate Apprenticeship Training
- 25 days of annual leave per annum
- Working hours: 8.30am to 5.00pm including one hour lunch break