Materials Technician Apprentice Level 3 South East, Based in Reading, Berkshire
Qualifications needed: 5 GCSE at A - C including Maths, English and a Science
Closing Date applications are open until 26th June 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
Balfour Beatty is the UKs largest construction and infrastructure business. Each day our projects change peoples lives and communities for the better. We built the famous London Aquatic Centre and youll find our mark in all kinds of infrastructure like schools and hospitals, major roads, rail and power networks. Each year we seek the best apprentices to come and join our ever changing business.
About the role:
Our aim is for you to participate in our Materials Technician Apprentice development programme and work toward professional status, whist gaining valuable experience in the role and as part of our Highways Team.
You will study for and be expected to pass Advanced (level 3) Laboratory Technician Apprenticeship.
The typical duration for this apprenticeship is 2 years.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure all work is undertaken safely in accordance with required processes
- Undertake testing of materials including aggregates, concrete and asphalt in accordance with required standards, in the laboratory and on construction sites.
- Comply with the high standards of work required by the Quality Management Systems to required deadlines
- Maintain equipment to required standards as required by the Laboratory Manager
- Proactively communicate with senior staff to ensure effective communication
- Attend training courses and assessments as required by the apprenticeship standard and Balfour Beatty and maintain training records
Who we're looking for
- You will be able to solve problems and to pick up new ways of working quickly with minimum direction, working collaboratively as part of a team and independently.
- 5 GCSEs Maths, English or Sciences (GCSEs at grades C or above or grade 4 or above)
- Full UK driving licence
- Flexibility to work out of hours including night and weekend working as part of a rota when needed
- Willing to travel to various locations in UK
- Creative & innovative
Why work for us
Salary & benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package. Your professional institution fees and training will be covered.
Closing Date applications are open until 29th May 2020, however we reserve the right to remove adverts should the roles be filled before this date.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Balfour Beatty is a leading member of The 5% Club, which is now in operation in over 200 companies.