A rare opportunity to work in a custom car garage.
Skills learnt in materials, fabrication, tools and measuring devices used in the automotive environment.
Duties to include:
- Assessing faults
- Preparing job cards and assessment reports
- Accessing and removing mechanical and electrical components
- Removing and fitting non-structural body panels
- Removing and re-installing mechanical and electrical systems
Requirements and prospects
- Must have a keen interest in cars and be self sufficient.
- Must speak clearly and ask questions when required.
- Tidy and Clean
- Engaging and a keen problem solver.
- Must hold A to C / 4 and above in English & maths
- You will gain a level 3
About the employer
Established in 1980 and still independent, we at Kingfisher have with dealt air-cooled VW parts all our 37 years, so our knowledge is self explanatory.
At the helm over all this time is Dave Fisher, who along with his long serving staff will assist and advise you in all VW air-cooled matters.
We also have a large workshop where we service, repair, MOT, restore and race prepare only air-cooled VW's. This gives us a product fitment knowledge second to none, we fit the parts we sell - a unique claim in the VW scene.
The air-cooled scene has witnessed many changes since Kingfisher started with the demise of all the major air-cooled suppliers. The fact that we are the only survivors speaks volumes for our loyal customers and knowledgeable staff.
Our stocks also cover our shop some item may have sold out during a transaction.
Monday to Friday 40 Hours Per Week
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
10 Jul 2021