The main purpose of the apprentice role is to support the administrator in the running of the office, deliver excellent customer service to clients and produce client reports within appropriate timescales.
- Completing reports within the appropriate timescales
- Uploading and downloading data to and from the tablet to the in-house system.
- Using in-house system and clients in-house systems: Keystone, Micad etc.
- Typing of individual asbestos survey reports
- Matching reports with results from analytical certificates.
- Completing reports / turning reports into pdf’s / e-mailing reports to respective clients.
- Scheduling and arranging appointments by liaising with clients
- Being the first point of contact for customer enquires; aiming to deliver excellent customer service while resolving queries in a timely manner
- Supporting the administrator in scheduling works for Asbestos Analysts and Surveyors to complete on a daily basis
- Logging customer enquiries to the inhouse system
- Creating letters and communication materials and sending to clients
Using a variety of software packages such as:
- Microsoft word, excel and outlook to produce correspondence and documents and maintain records, spreadsheets and databases
- Filing, photocopying, scanning
- Organise accommodation arrangements
- On occasion to book bulk samples in for testing for analytical laboratory
- Any ad-hoc duties.
- Support the running of the office in times of absence alongside your usual role
- Effectively manage your day to day workload and take ownership for your own role
- Take ownership for your own customer enquiries
- Effectively communicate with staff within teams and interdepartmentally to achieve goals
- To observe the confidentiality of Company and client information
- Work alongside HR by complying with HR initiative such as the code of conduct and data protection laws
- Good team work skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately
- Focused on completing and finishing projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A flexible approach to work
- A positive, flexible and adaptable approach to changing job role
- Good knowledge of IT and Microsoft Office systems
- Numerate and literate
Monday - Friday 37.5 hours shifts/possible weekend work
Starts apprentice minimum / Goes up to age minimum after 6 months
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.