Maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing optical and mechanical broadcasting equipment & systems. • Set-up/configure and test various lens, tripod and other mechanical broadcasting equipment, fault find versus RMA/customer requests and diagnose appropriate issue
CVP, the UK’s No.1 reseller of broadcast, cinematography and professional videography equipment are looking for an Apprentice to support our experienced lens engineer within our Professional Repairs/Engineering department to support existing client base and warranty repair operations. This is a varied technical role in which you will provide technical support to our customers in repair, maintenance, installation and modification of technical broadcasting equipment. As well as diagnosing/fault finding, repairing, servicing and validating engineering work from our sites.
The role will include;
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and repairing complex computer based, optical and mechanical broadcasting systems. (Repair and maintenance of equipment in warranty/scheduled, emergency and preventative situations.)
- Setting-up/configuring and testing various lens, tripod and other mechanical broadcasting equipment, fault finding versus RMA/customer requests and diagnose appropriate issue
- Testing/checking repaired equipment for operational readiness
- Providing operational assistance/instruction to others as needed.
- Updating and maintaining in house broadcast service system and keeping all information updated.
£ 250 per week
Possible Start Date:
Application Close Date:
Engineering technician (Level 3)
Mandatory - GCSE (or equivalent) ; Maths & English Grade C or new grades Level 4 or above
• Being able to follow instructions.
• Having good communication skills.
• Being methodical and organised.
• Having good concentration.
• Being able to work to strict deadlines.
The person we are looking for will be;
- Fully committed to learning the job
- Not afraid of hard work
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
Training to be Provided
Full on the job training to be provided and two days a week college attendance for underpinning knowledge. Candidate will work towards a full Level 3 apprenticeship in Mechatronics L3 NVQ, technical certificate, and functional skills, and employment rights and responsibility.
- Maintaining fluid & pneumatic power equipment
- Maintaining electrical & electronic equipment
- Maintaining process control equipment
- Understand mechanical, electrical, electronic, fluid power and process control principles in a mechatronics maintenance environment
- Understand how equipment being maintained functions and operating parameters in individual components and how they interact
Things to consider
Can you commit to a 4 year apprenticeship? Can you get to your place of work and to college with ease and on time? Do you have a passion for maintenance engineering on complex electronic and mechanical products?
Skilled engineer, manager