• To promote and monitor the progress of all children and early learning goals in relation to: personal, social and emotional development, communication and language, physical development, literacy, mathematics, understanding of the world, expressive arts and design.
• Ability to relate well to children and adults.
• Work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities in the context of the position.
• Establish productive working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and setting high expectations.
• Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom.
• Support pupils consistently while recognising and responding to their individual needs.
• Encourage pupils to interact and work cooperatively with others and engage all pupils in activities.
• Promote independence and employ strategies to recognise and reward achievement of self-reliance.
• Provide verbal feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement.
• Comply with policies and procedures covering child protection, health, safety and security.
• Contribute to safeguarding the welfare of children in the school.
• Maintain the security of property in a way which is consistent with the schools’ procedures and legal requirements, reporting any concerns about safety and security to the appropriate person.
To support in our nursery – you will be working with experienced, talented, enthusiastic individuals who will support you throughout this process