Minet Infant School - Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3
Not taking applications
- College Courses
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Business & Admin
We are looking to appoint an ambitious individual for a Receptionist Business Administration Apprentice position.
Minet Nursery and Infant School is a large multicultural four form entry Infant School situated in Hayes. It is a happy and friendly school in which to work, and we are graded as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2018.
‘The atmosphere around the school is calm and friendly. Pupils are polite, show respect to adults and each other and are keen to learn.’ (Ofsted 2018).
- ‘Model’ excellent professional relationships with children, parents and other professionals in the school.
- Provide an excellent administrative service to all sections of the school community regardless of race, sex, background or age.
- Perform receptionist duties throughout the day: acting as first point of reference for, receiving callers, children, parents, visitors, deliveries, service engineers and telephone enquiries.
- Manage all telephone calls, giving detailed information about the school, taking messages and passing them on. Putting calls through ensuring the recipient is aware of who is calling
- Offer helpful, friendly, approachable and professional service at all times and take appropriate action on own initiative, resolving minor matters, referring more serious matters to appropriate member of staff.
- Establish and run a friendly, tidy and informative reception area and act as a role model setting high standards for dress, language and behaviour.
- General letter typing as required.
- Maintain general and confidential filing systems.
- Provide hospitality as required. Prepare for meetings and organise refreshments.
- Familiarise new staff with school routines and procedures.
- Point of contact for telephone and photocopier companies logging issues and managing consumables.
- Comply with and assist with the development of policies and procedures relating to child protection, safeguarding, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Maintain and manage school based systems such as Parentpay and Schoolscomm as well as the administration of Universal Free School Meals and Cool Milk.
- Comply with policies and procedures covering child protection, health, safety and security.
- Contribute to safeguarding the welfare of children in the school.
- Maintain the security of property in a way which is consistent with the schools’ procedures and legal requirements, reporting any concerns about safety and security to the appropriate person.
- Supervise signing in and out of pupils and visitors using signing in system. Ensure all visitors have a valid DBS certificate, are issued with a visitors badge and reminded of evacuation/safeguarding procedures.
Accountability, Performance and Line Management
- Regularly review own practice, set personal targets and take responsibility for own personal development including the Apprenticeship Standards.
- Take responsibility for your work, encourage and accept feedback from your colleagues and your line manager and respond to or adapt to change as required.
- Take an active part in the Performance Management process with your line manager, sharing your success stories as well as your challenges.
- Continue to learn and develop as a professional, completing induction, attending relevant training to update knowledge and skills.
- Model high professional standards and be a responsible and effective member of staff, attending regular meetings as required.
- Appreciate, respect and support the role of other professionals.
- Undertake other tasks commensurate with the general level of responsibility and scope of the post, as decided by the Business Manager, Head teacher and/or governors in the context of the changing needs of the school.
We are a large Infant and Nursery School situated in Hayes. We believe all our pupils deserve the opportunity to learn and grow in a stimulating environment. Our purpose is to provide a safe and happy environment where they are able to be themselves and thrive. We are proud to help lay the foundation needed to achieve their goals in life. Sign-up or log in to apply