The vision for our client has always been to offer all the professional advice under one roof that an individual might need during their lifetime. This means offering a full range of legal services alongside a complete range of tax services.They believe that this joined-up, interdisciplinary approach of combining legal and tax expertise really sets our Client apart and enables us to provide the very best advice and counsel to our clients.
Their eam of solicitors are often there at the most important and sometimes difficult times in our client's lives. Their clients trust them to advise, guide and support them in the right way through changing circumstances, whether on an issue regarding employment or on the breakdown of a relationship.They recognise that many of their clients lead busy lives and they value our responsive approach. Their solicitors are committed to them and to understanding their circumstances as fully as possible. They want them to succeed, They want to preserve and enhance their wealth now and for future generations and they want to provide sensible and workable solutions for all the issues that they face.
Founded in 1997, today they have 22 partners and staff of around 220 lawyers and tax advisers offering a unique combination of skills and expertise
- covering tax
- estate and succession planning
- dispute resolution
- entrepreneurs, family and rural businesses
- divorce and family
- land and property
- charity law
Our clients offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow and London serve a broad range of clients who value the focus our team of solicitors can bring to their affairs. We have an exciting opportunity for a Modern Apprentice Finance Assistant to join our Finance team.
This role is an entry level position, and will assist with inputting of Purchase Ledger invoices, Disbursement invoices and client and firm ledger entries to ensure accounting records maintained as up to date as possible at all times.This is a 12 month fixed-term contract. You will gain a Modern Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Processing Purchase Ledger invoices and assisting with supplier queries
- Processing Disbursement invoices and assisting with supplier reconciliations
- Preparation of Purchase Ledger and Disbursement payment runs
- Input of entries relating to client and firm matters into the Aderant system
- Preparation of firm and client ledger cheques as required
- Aderant Maintenance
- Other general Finance department duties as directed including filing and reviews of ledger balances.
- Reliability with a business-like attitude to the work involved
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to develop learning on any in-house systems used
- Genuine interest in working in an Office environment
- Flexible team worker with good communication skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
The Modern Apprenticeship Programme is targeted at building our workforce of the future. Funding for training is available for applicants aged 16-19 and for disabled and care-experienced applicants between the ages of 20-29. Please ensure, if you are applying for a Modern Apprentice post, that you meet one of these criteria.You will be supported throughout your apprentice journey by a dedicated QA Assessor, you will undertake an X Programme which leads to the achievement of an SCQF level 6.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce. For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.