My HomeCare - Care Assistant Apprenticeship L2
- College Courses
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
- Health and Social Care
- Harrow remove
- To travel to the residence of clients who are having difficulty coping for a variety of reasons;
- To complete all services for that client, as specified in their individual Care Plan;
- To encourage and motivate clients to maintain their independence;
- To carry out personal and caring tasks as depicted in the Care Plan that would normally be carried out by the client or family;
- To assist in maintaining a good level of personal hygiene for the client who may have difficulties in this area;
- To work and communicate with family, relatives, local authority social workers, district nurses and other members of the care team;
- To use equipment (hoists, gloves etc.) provided by My Homecare, to assist clients in their independence;
- To assist with the management of clients’ medication, as prescribed by their GP;
- To prepare and cook meals in the clients home;
- To assist with management of money/collect pensions/shopping;
- To assist with the laundering of clients clothes and light domestic duties if necessary;
- To write/read letters for the client;
- To contact emergency care services in cases of emergency;
- To document and report to the Coordinator / Registered Manager, on the welfare of the client; and,
- To attend all study courses organised by the Company Training Manager.
- To act in accordance with all My Homecare operational policies and procedures;
- To work within the 24 hour rota system, which includes Bank Holidays, weekends and evenings. My Homecare attempt to provide working times suitable for employees, though this is not always possible;
- To be contactable via a mobile phone if necessary information needs communicated to yourself about a client;
- All equipment/uniforms etc. will be provided by the Company; and,
- Employees should be accountable to the Registered Manager or their delegated deputies.
- My Homecare require a DBS prior to commencement of work, which the company will apply for. The care assistant will be expected to initially pay for their DBS (£56) but will be reimbursed after 6 months of employment (depending on consistent hours worked).
- All initial practical training will be unpaid
- Offers of employment are subject to the Company receiving two written references, one of which being from your last employer;
- Employees are entitled to 5.6 weeks paid annual leave. Bank holidays are paid at 1½x basic rate. Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day are paid at double time; and,
- All posts are subject to a six month probationary period.
- Starting pay is £8.50 per hour, this will be reviewed in 6 months (depending on experience/performance).
- All staff are paid on a fortnightly basis
To support customers with all aspects of their day to day living, so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life. You will mostly work alone with the customer, providing care and support offers many rewards, but can also be challenging. Compassion, good communication skills and a calm and caring manner are essential for this role. Sign-up or log in to apply