Network Construction Operations (Water) Apprentices - Morrison Utility Services
- Customer Service
- Mechanic and Automotive
- Outdoor Pursuits
- Health & Safety
- Employability Skills
- Welding & Metalwork
- Gas, Heating & Hot Water
- Cleaning and Environmental Services
- Facility Services
- Electronic Engineering
- Bradford remove
- Huddersfield remove
- Wakefield remove
- Ripon remove
- York remove
- Scarborough remove
- Sheffield remove
- Hull remove
- Beverley remove
- Ref no.: MUS/V/328/YW
- Salary: £7.59 per hour
The Morrison Utility Services Apprenticeship Programme, endorsed by Energy & Utility Skills and Accredited by CABWI, provides the opportunity for individuals to become fully trained, qualified and competent in:
CABWI Level 2 Diploma In Water Engineering (Network Construction Operations) (QCF)
CABWI Level 2 Certificate In Network Construction Operations (Water) - Service Layer (QCF)
CABWI Level 2 Diploma In Network Construction Operations (Water) - Main Layer (QCF)
Apprentices are expected to learn all aspects of their chosen craft and apply the knowledge, skills and techniques gained through the Apprenticeship Programme competently, safely and in accordance with National standards.
WATER MAIN LAYER
Using maps and plans to locate digging location, preparing excavations by hand or use of mechanical equipment, laying and repairing mains pipes or
systems and making connections to the water network. Repairing excavations and pavements on completion of work.
WATER SERVICE LAYER
Using maps and plans to locate digging location, preparing excavations by hand or use of mechanical equipment, laying and repairing service pipes or systems and making connections to the water network. Repairing excavations and pavements on completion of work.
INDIVIDUALS SHOULD BE MINDFUL OF THE FOLLOWING WHEN CONSIDERING THEIR SUITABILITY FOR THE PROGRAMME:
- The water industry is potentially very dangerous so the safety of Apprentices, their work colleagues and the public are of the upmost importance.
- Apprentices must be very safety conscious and have a very responsible attitude to work, working in accordance with company health and safety procedures at all times.
- Apprentices must be prepared to wear the Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) provided when required.
- These may be physically demanding jobs that involve bending, lifting and manual handling so a basic level of fitness is important to be able to conduct the job efficiently.
- Individuals with claustrophobia should be mindful that some of these job roles may involve working in confined spaces.
- Conditions may be wet, dirty and smelly, however Apprentices would be provided with appropriate PPE.
- Many of these jobs involve work outdoors, so Apprentices should be prepared to work in any kind of weather.
- Apprentices will need to have good practical skills for handling tools and instruments and be prepared for some hard work. These are very skilled jobs and some aspects require significant amounts of concentration.
- Some job roles will require shift work to ensure plant and equipment is operational 24hours a day. Apprentices therefore need to be adaptable and flexible.
- Some of these job roles involve travelling as Apprentices may work at different sites so you will need to have your own personal transport to get to work or site each day.
- Some of these job roles involve dealing with the general public on a day-to-day basis so
- Apprentices should be presentable and have a polite and courteous manner.
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently is important.
- Good self-discipline and timekeeping are important.
- Apprentices need to be enthusiastic with a positive attitude and a keen interest in the water industry.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Suitable applicants will be new to the water industry and have recently achieved GCSE’s Grades A to E in English, Maths. Applicants will need to demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm to work outdoors.
Applicants must possess a high degree of manual dexterity demonstrated through the use of hand tools and will be expected to undertake a practical assessment.
No previous work experience required.
Apprentices will demonstrate full and sustained competence in all aspects of their chosen craft.
Apprentices will maintain throughout their programme, and beyond, a demonstrated commitment and adherence to health and safety standards, customer service and organisational excellence.
Apprentices will be expected to demonstrate a high degree of energy, be flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
Apprentices will work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with other Networks employees, suppliers, training providers and contractors.
Apprentices will demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills to establish strong and productive relationships with colleagues, suppliers, training providers, contractors and the general public.
Apprentices will achieve all the qualifications and associated programme milestones.
Applicants will be working in the Yorkshire Area and must be able to travel daily to work/depot in their own vehicle, this is mandatory.
Apprentices will spend their training at Utility & Construction Training Ltd (UCT) Carrington, Manchester acquiring the basic knowledge, skills and competence to enable them to work productively on the network. The remainder of your time will be spent under supervision on site at Morrison Utility Services.
Apprentices will partake in training at external providers sites including an Outward Bound week in the Lake District. Accommodation will be provided by Morrison Utility Services for set periods as required
Please note there will be an assessment centre for this opportunity which will be taking place at the Mercure Bradford, Bankfield Hotel on the 2nd-3rd October 2018. Applicants must be able to attend on one of those dates to be considered for the programme.
You must be 18+ years of age, have a full driving licence and transport to get to depot/site.
Please do not apply if you have not met the above criteria.
Start date of employment will be 12th November 2018Sign-up or log in to apply