Network Engineer Apprentice (Level 4) - Chertsey, Surrey
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Network Engineer Apprentice – EMEA Global Support
Reporting to a Global Support Manager, you’ll be working as part of one of our technical Global Support Teams. You will work very closely with one of our Network Support Engineers who will be your buddy whilst you are with us.
Our opportunity is for a 16-month apprenticeship programme. Your role will be located at our Chertsey, Surrey offices and will combine Level 4 Network Engineer training with Firebrand, our Apprentice Provider and practical learning whilst assisting our Support Engineers on some of their customer cases.
Your Typical Day May Involve:
- Assisting Support Engineers by setting up reproductions for testing customer issues
- Analyzing customer’s Packet captures and other log information to help diagnose issues
- Searching Knowledge base for solutions
- Assisting with the write up of Knowledge base documentation
- Working on basic customer cases along side a Network Support Engineer
- Learning more about F5 solutions and technology stack
- Hands on experience with virtual environments
- Hands on experience with configuring VLANs
- Analysis and resolution of real network issues
- IT savvy
- logical and have creative thinking skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- At least a basic understanding of Linux
- Someone who has superb communication skills as you will use these to interact with our internal teams and our customers.
- At least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and either IT or Science.
- Educated to Level 3 as a minimum in an IT based subject
We’d Love to Hear from You If:
- You are a confident and hardworking self-starter who can use their initiative and work well independently.
- You are passionate about developing knowledge of our industry leading F5 technologies
Why You’ll Love Working at F5:
At F5, your experience is every bit as important to us as it is to you. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and take away:
- In addition to the Apprentice training with our Provider, you will also have access to in house training, have opportunities to attend local F5 technical training, Linux Academy and accessing facilities such as our F5 University.
- Seeing complex, high profile, real life customer situations and be a part of the highly regarded Support team that solves them.
The Job Description is intended to be a general representation of the responsibilities and requirements of the job. However, the description may not be all-inclusive, and responsibilities and requirements are subject to change.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.