Network Engineer Apprentice - West Sussex (RH16) - 3748
Not taking applications
- Higher Apprenticeship
We are a young and vibrant company, have dress down Fridays and frequent after-work drinks. Extech is a big supporter of apprenticeships and there are several apprentices on board at any one time.
Extech is a leading managed service provider, delivering IT support and solutions to small and medium sized businesses predominantly within the South East.
Extech is a close team of people with a shared set of values and personalities that shape the way we work and engage with our customers. These attributes help us provide services that produce successful outcomes every time.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual for a Network Engineer Apprentice position within a dynamic and lively company, who will work both closely in a team and also as an individual while on-site.
- Effectively record, analyse and communicate data to colleagues and customers
- Diligently ensure all work carried out by the candidate meets the customer's expectation and applicable SLAs
- Set reasonable and realistic customer expectations of service, as defined by SLAs
- Regularly provide on-site support to customers
- Assist the Helpdesk to handle the day to day user requests
- Work alongside the Workbench Coordinator and Service Delivery Manager on providing on-site support to customers for planned maintenance, equipment installations and P1 support visits
- Candidates will ideally have a keen interest in IT and technology
- A desire to learn is also key
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to work well in a team and as an individual
- Strong ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-orientated outlook
- Ability to think logically/analytically and a talent for problem solving
- Ability to astutely resolve customer queries while on-site and if required determine the appropriate escalation path
- Trend Micro, ESET
- Sophos Central solutions
- Strong understanding of Office365 and associated products and technology
- Draytek Routers/Firewalls/APs
- NAS systems such as QNAP or Drobo
- Strong knowledge troubleshooting Windows 7, 8 and 10 environments
- Strong knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware and components
- Mac OSX experience is a benefit but not required
- Experience troubleshooting common desktop applications such as Office 2010/2013/2016/365, Sage/ACT etc. and knowledge of common issues
- Good network configuration and topology knowledge
- Working knowledge of server hardware
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2012R2 and Active Directory Domain Services is preferred but not required
6 x GCSE ( or equivalent)at grades A-C including Maths plus GCSE English ( or equivalent)at grade D or above
9am-6pm ( Monday to Friday)
Opportunity for full-time employment following successful completion of apprenticeship - which will come with a pay rise and new job title.
QA' s Apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.
Sign-up or log in to apply