Network Engineer Field (Level 3) - Multiple locations
Even in these challenging times, we remain committed to doing all we can to keep our customers connected to the things and people that really matter. That means we’re still looking for our next intake of apprentices to join us this September as Network Engineers.
So we can continue recruiting in a way that’s safe for everyone, we’ve made our application and assessment processes completely digital.
If you’re ready for a new challenge with Virgin Media, read on...
COULD YOU DELIVER AWARD-WINNING NETWORK SERVICES?
Want to join one of the UK’s most free-thinking, fun-loving companies and become expert in its award-winning technical business practices? Or would you rather continue studying, learning and working towards professional qualifications? Join us on one of our Network Engineer Apprenticeship Scheme’s and you can do both.
Who are our Network Engineers?
They’re the technical experts who design, build and take care of the physical network of cabling and cabinets that carry our services from technical sites to customers’ homes. They play a crucial role in helping us get the most out of our network, which is the largest in the UK and Europe.
Let’s talk about what you’ll be doing…
We offer two different opportunities for apprentice Network Engineers. One is field-based and focuses on building the network. The other is office-based and focuses on designing the network.
- As a field-based Network Engineer, you’ll be working at various technical sites, helping to build and upgrade our network for services including ultrafast broadband and advanced digital TV products. Through your apprenticeship, you’ll be able to develop a broad range of technical skills while learning how to manage contractors and deliver a high standard of customer care.
How are you going to get there?
We’re looking for people who are good at managing relationships and have the confidence to challenge the status quo – and if you also have some knowledge of networks and relevant technologies, even better. By the end of the apprenticeship, your scheme mentor and workmates will have helped you add lots more skills to your locker, along with the experience and understanding you need to kickstart a successful career. Plus you’ll enjoy a great salary with amazing benefits from the start!
- Field: Level 3 Unified Communications Technician
- Field based - 24 months
- Field – Birmingham, Reading, Croydon, Huddersfield, Waltham Park, Gateshead and Nottingham
- Field: Level 3 - Maths and English GCSEs (Grade C or above, Grade 4-9) or equivalent. Full UK driving licence
- Field: £18,000 (additional £2,500 London Weighting Allowance for eligible locations) + salary progression and amazing benefits