Wifinity gigabit Wi-Fi is powered by our flexible cloud software platform that provides the modern tools we use to create awesome Wi-Fi. The tools include secure and easy user onboarding, Wi-Fi analytics, enterprise single sign-on, powerful guest Wi-Fi & secure home broadband over Wi-Fi. Wifinity’s open APIs, unmatched flexibility and meticulous approach to Wi-Fi create the best possible Wi-Fi experience.
Main role and Responsibilities:
- Handle technical support issues via incident management escalations
- Daily use of monitoring systems to proactively identify and resolve potential issues
- Configuration and commissioning of wired and wireless networking equipment
- Integration of multi-vendor network devices with the monitoring systems
- Maintenance and development of the monitoring systems
- Day-to-day Technical Operation activities (network migrations, design changes, infrastructure updates and firmware updates)
- Infrastructure documentation and knowledge base development to improve team knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Strong technical knowledge of Wireless Technologies
- Salesforce CRM knowledge
- Linux (Ubuntu or Centos) systems administrations skills
- Knowledge of programming and scripting, preferably Python and PHP
- Good understanding of SNMP protocol
- Good knowledge of VPN and tunnelling technologies
- Good knowledge of security protocols and firewalls
- Network Infrastructure Design abilities
- Knowledge of high availability protocols and design, on both Layer 2 and Layer 3
- IPv6 implementation and transition mechanisms
- Working experience of routing protocols (implementation and troubleshooting)
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, potentially covering extending working hours
- Working experience with monitoring systems, and have an excellent understanding of monitoring best practices
- Excellent general networking knowledge, including routing (OSPF, BGP), firewalls and switching
- Desire to learn new technologies and develop advanced networking skills
- Strong desire and knowledge to work within Internet Service Provider industry and in a close-knit team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of RADIUS protocol
- Good knowledge of Wi-Fi standards and general Wireless principles
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a combination of fault types at any given time
- Desire to learn about new communication technologies and share them with the team.
- A-Levels in ICT/Business/Computing
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
- Full-time employment at a well-established organisation
- Possibility of further education Level 5 & 6
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.