At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe.
Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
The main purpose of this role is to acquire the skill and knowledge through the apprenticeship duration to carry out Centralised routine maintenance, in-life changes of GBNr/KXR transmission network, resilient switch cluster testing, and Operational support of projects.
Whilst in this role, the chosen candidate will be undertaking a Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship through QA.
Main role / Responsibilities:
- To acquire the required technical competence to carry out the following key tasks with confidence within the apprentice placement period.
- Implement hardware and software upgrades to meet capacity and functionality requirements.
- Provide technical support to assist the resource team in the resolution of faults.
- Analyse and rectify complex faults on the network to meet defined service levels.
- Support network investigation/performance routines to ensure network availability.
- Liaison with 3rd parties, customers and site providers to ensure completion of tasks.
- Acceptance of network elements.
- Witness/acceptance testing of upgrades.
- Analyse project implementation plans to minimise risk to network availability.
- Maintain and extend technical skills and knowledge in order to remain proficient in the role.
- Ensure all assigned equipment, vehicles and Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) are maintained in good working order.
- Ensure adherence to relevant policy and procedures to protect self, others and business.
Other required competencies include:
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business efficiencies
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and accepts feedback positive or negative
- The role requires a logical individual who pays attention to detail, is reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Well-presented and business like as part of the role could be customer facing
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK
- Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability
- Able to work within a team environment as a strong team-player
In order to be considered for the role, candidates applying must be motivated individuals who are driven by career progression and both academic and theoretical learning.
In order to be eligible for the Level 4 Network Engineer apprenticeship, the chosen individual must possess academic and technical qualifications as shown below;
- At least 1 A Level
- 5 GCSE's grade A-C, including Maths and English
- IT related topic, Infrastructure Technician Level 3 apprenticeship
- BTEC National Diploma in IT or an A Level in Computing
Monday – Friday, 9am - 5:30pm,
37.5hrs per week,
£17,500 per annum.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.