We are a Managed service provider (MSP) based in Leeds, which is widely regarded as the IT capital of the UK and gives us a central location to easily serve the entire country. Literally just two minutes of the M621 it really is the perfect location for our clients and our employees love living in Britain’s greenest city.
We are acutely focused on 5 core areas of IT to bring you a holistic, confident and responsive service designed to carry you through to the future.
- IT Support
- Unified Communications
- Security & Compliance
- Network & Infrastructure
The role of the NOC [Network Operations Centre] Analyst is to provide technical excellence to our clients during the delivery of projects and any escalation.
The following job description is for the role of NOC Analyst.
The role reports directly to Service Desk Team Leader.
Main role / responsibilities: [includes but is not limited to:]
- Monitoring and configuring the SICL View proactive monitoring systems
- Provide initial troubleshooting of alerts raised by the SICL View proactive monitoring system
- Create and develop documentation and processes for the NoC function
- Provide first line support for internal Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems and Applications when required
- Assist server and network engineers with more complex tasks
- Troubleshoot and resolution of incidents and service requests that are raised with the service desk to ensure a high level of customer service is delivered
- Own requests and provide functional escalation to the management team, the customer and 3rd party supplier resolver groups so that service level agreements can be met daily
- Provide end to end request management to ensure customers are kept updated on the progress of their requests
- Classification and prioritisation of requests in-line with Incident and Service Request Management processes to ensure requests are dealt with effectively and efficiently
- Strong attention to detail - the ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing all tasks, such as troubleshooting an issue or implementing a change
- Maintain understanding of applicable technologies to contribute to a higher level of first time fix rates
Desired skills, qualities and experience:
- The ability to diagnose and troubleshoot IT related issues
- Diligent documentation of device configurations
- Authority and confidence to deliver support to customers within specific technology disciplines
- Customer service skills and the ability to communicate with people of various technical levels
- Build and configure Windows Operating Systems on Desktop and Laptop devices
- An ability to work and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Good organisational and time management skills
- 5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.