We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Advanced Apprenticeship
At Regent Nursery we provide a happy, warm, stimulating and secure learning environment. We aim to meet the individual needs of our children, giving them the social skills and confidence they need in their formative years and providing them with a sound platform for transition into school life. Our first nursery at Pinner, Harrow was established in 2004 and we are opening our second nursery in Southall in early 2018. We offer both full day and half day sessions for children from 0 to 5 years and are open 51 weeks per year. The Nursery operates by its ethos of “Play, Learn, Create, Engage, Develop and Grow” which encourages children to combine both structured learning experiences and their natural inclination to play, explore and question, to develop into young boys and girls, ready for the challenges that growing up will bring.
Framework and Level: Children’s Workforce and Development Level 3
Vacancy full description:
- Provide high quality care and activities for children, which recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe and stimulating environment.
- Organise activities, both inside and outside the nursery, which encourages creativity, development, co-ordination, independence, self-expression, and learning through play.
- Participate in the key person system and be responsible for a group of children. Monitor, assess, record and report on their development and progress.
- Follow the early year’s foundation stage framework for guidance in your practice with the children.
- Work in partnership with parents and carers, recognising that parents are their children’s first educators, and encourage parental involvement in the nursery.
- Be aware of child protection issues and follow the nursery’s Safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Ensure close monitoring of children about whom there is a concern.
- Participate in professional development and training.
- Work in partnership with other early year’s professionals and outside agencies.
- Assist their mealtime’s children encouraging good nutrition and social able eating.
- Assist children with personal care, including changing nappies, assisting with toilet training and other associated welfare duties.
- Carry out on-going cleaning of the nursery.
- Carry out health and safety checks as required to ensure the nursery is tidy, safe, and clean and secure for children, staff, parent/carers and visitors.
- Set up the environment influenced by your planning to support the needs of your key children. Ensure your key children’s files are kept up to date with planning for their individual needs, the environment, observations, photographic evidence.
- Be responsible for your nursery, report when resources run low, including ( aprons, gloves, art equipment and perishables)
- Participate in the free flow system. This aids children’s development in self-assurance, independence, making choices and self-selecting.
- Ensure that no child is ever left on their own in the nursery. Support the children’s play as and when required.
- Never leave the nursery and put your colleagues at risk of being out of ratio- unless in case of emergency.
- Be familiar with the policies and procedures of Regent Nursery, adhering to them at all times.
- Display exemplary practice at all times.
- Uphold and carry out duties of the post with due regard to the Nursery’s Equalities and Inclusion policies.
- Co-operate in the implementation of the health and safety policy and ensure that the nursery’s practice and environment meets health and safety standards.
- Undertake other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as may reasonably be required by the Nursery.
Pay: £173 per weekTo provide high quality care and early years education for Children at Regent Nursery. Application closed