Roxmead Nursery is owned and managed by Claire Severino. Claire has a BA honours degree in Primary Education and a MA degree in Education. She worked for the London Borough of Harrow for 16 years as a Nursery and Primary Teacher in schools and childrens centres. Roxmead Nursery opened in September 2016 and enables us to provide full day care for children all year around.At Roxmead we believe that the child is at the heart of everything we do, we work closely with parents to provide the best care and learning for each child and pride ourselves on providing a tailored learning environment for each child. This is done by providing each family with a key person that gets to know that child and family well. Knowing about each childs needs and interests enables us to provide a loving, caring, supportive environment where children can grow and develop in confidence to become life long learners.
You will be expected to:
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff;
- Keep a proper record of achievement on your key children, for parents/carers;
- Work with special needs children to give full integration in the Setting;
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team;
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members;
- Be involved in training;
- Be flexible within working practices of the Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. serving meals, cleansing of equipment etc.;
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled;
- Record accidents in the accident book.
Roxmead Nursery is located at St Pauls Church, Harrow and provides high quality care and education for children from 3 months to 5 years. Roxmead Nursery has a large hall and self-contained Garden.
We are looking for an apprentice nursery assistant to join our friendly and hard working team