Brief overview of the role
The nursery Apprentice is responsible for working as part of the nursery team. Woodland Day Care cater for babies (0-2) toddlers (2-3 years) pre-School (3-5 years) and all age groups are together, because of this you will gain invaluable experience for your further career progression.
Monday - Friday. Flexible timings between 7.00 am - 6:30.pm, 4 days a week, one day off. One hour lunch break. (Please note hours apply to over 18s, as under 18s will work no more than 8 hours a day)
Total hours per week: 37.50
The nursery is looking for a nursery apprentice to join either their baby room or preschool room.
- Ensuring the environment is safe and secure, where the children are valued as individuals through a caring and child centred ethos in all aspects of the nursery
- Ensuring the nursery provides the best possible standards of care and education
- Ensuring that the children have access to learning opportunities – providing learning activities which are educational, stimulating and fun
- Delivering childcare that meets parents’ needs and works in partnership with them by providing good customer relationships
- Be a key worker – which is being responsible for ‘key children’ recording their development and progress, developing strong working relationships with their parents communicating on a daily basis their welfare, needs and development
- To work within your team, supporting your Managers and Team Leaders and other colleagues within the setting
- Ensuring all company policy and procedures are adhered to
- Good organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- Willingness to develop your professional career
Due to the nature of this job, candidates will be subject to UK eligibility checks together with Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- Organisational skills with the ability to work to targets and deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable
- Professional and confident
- To enjoy working as a team
- Approachable with a positive attitude
- Caring and friendly
GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English A-C / 7-4 desirable but not essential.
Full apprenticeship training will be delievred by SCL Education & Training.
- Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
- Functional skills maths & English
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)