We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- Intermediate Apprenticeship
Nursery providing childcare for 37 children.
The Rainbow Room is for the youngest children - aged from three months to around eighteen months. The Treetops Room is for toddlers - aged from eighteen months to around two and a half, and the Sunshine Room is for pre-schoolers - aged from two and a half upwards
Grade 2 Ofsted Report.
What will be expected:
The candidates will be based in the toddler and pre-school rooms but need to be flexible to move round and support other rooms when needed.
Candidates must have a good understanding and follow at all times policies and procedures, such as; confidentiality, health and safety and safeguarding etc
Uniform is smart casual. Candidates must ensure they are comfortable.
Must enjoy being with children and committed, enthusiastic to put in own ideas, a team worker. Will work across the age range within the training period so will meet the different needs of age ranges from babies to pre-school education. The candidate will be treated as a full member of staff and will undertake roles and responsibilities on an equally shared basis bearing in mind of course the need for training and allowing for experience.
A full DBS check will be carried out
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help plan age appropriate activities for the children
- Observing, monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the progress of each of the Children and reviewing, maintaining and updating records relating to each of the children.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Children at all times and maintain safe and clean environment, while creating a stimulating and secure environment.
- Comfort injured, upset or unwell children
- Help with food and snack times
- Help with nap time and putting children to bed
- To attend internal / external training courses.
- To adhere to flexibility within the setting and teams.
- Support and adhere to Policies and procedures.
- To attend relevant training and implement ideas gained.
- To use common sense and initiative at all times.
- Supporting colleagues, parents and the managing team to maintain high quality child care establishment.
- Meet targets, goals and deadlines set.