Nursery Assistant Apprentice
We are a nursery and preparatory school for babies and children aged one to seven years, with an emphasis on high quality care and development. You need to be passionate about working with children in a setting where listening and communication skills are paramount
Framework and Level: Children’s Workforce and Development Level 2/3
Vacancy full description:
ABCD Little Learners is a warm and welcoming business which strives to nurture babies and young children with the highest quality of care and dedication.
We understand that at a young age a child necessitates both care and development. Social, cognitive, emotional and educational development are all aspects that we strengthen in order to positively shape your child’s intellect and values.
To achieve this, all the staff follow the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage: setting the standards for learning and care for children from birth to five.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To attend college where necessary, complete all assignments on time and attend associated training.
- To help to set up the setting for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session.
- To work closely with the teacher and other staff members, building an effective relationship with parents/carers and ensuring each child's needs are recognised and met.
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children.
- Work in partnership with parents/carers and other family members.
- To advise teacher and Safeguarding co-ordinator of any concerns e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To engage with children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulating play experiences.
- To ensure that children are kept safe and that you understand when to follow child protection procedures.
- To support meal times within the setting.
- To actively participate at team meetings, supervisor meetings and appraisal meetings.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff.
- To be aware of and adhere to all the setting’s operational policies and procedures, e.g. health and safety, fire precautions, dropping off and collection of children, food safety, cleanliness of the setting etc.
- To ensure that adequate records are kept and updated regularly.
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by the teacher, in accordance with the setting’s objectives.
- To look upon the Nursery as a ‘whole’. Be constantly aware of the changing needs of the children and nursery.
It is the nature of working in a nursery that tasks and responsibilities are on occasion unpredictable and varied, so to retain flexibility this job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the teacher.
Pay: £127.75 per weekWe are a nursery for pre-school children, with an emphasis on high quality care and development. You need to be passionate about working with children in a setting where listening and communication skills are paramount. Sign-up or log in to apply