Rainbow Private Nursery is a Day nursery based in Newport.
- Toprovide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors andoutdoors, at all times.
- Todeliver an appropriate play based Early Years curriculum that enables childrento make individual progress.
- Tohelp ensure that each room meets CIW requirements at all times.
- Towork with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of children andfamilies.
- Tounderstand and work to nursery policies and procedures, including how to dealwith child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents,accidents, complaints and emergencies
- Towork alongside staff in supporting and sharing your ideas and key children’snext steps with planning and activitieswhich ensure each child is working towards the early learning outcomes. And thento follow planning.
- Tobe a key person.
- Toensure records are correctly maintained, e.g. daily attendance register,accident and incident book, risk assessments, daily diaries.
- Reportto room leader/management any risks or hazards, concerns relating child’swelfare, parental concerns.
- Toliaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and itscurriculum, exchanging information about children’s progress and encouragingparents’ involvement.
- Towork in partnership with management to update and review the self-evaluationand improvement plan.
- Toundertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the Nurseryaims and objectives.
- Attendany courses relative to your work
- Attendstaff meetings both inside and outside of your working hours.
- Tocover other staff on holiday and absences.
Qualifications Required: personality fit