My client is a family run upholstery and carpet cleaning business covering commercial and domestic customers throughout Glasgow. They have been in business since 1994 and have a reputation for excellence. As this is a small team it it s great opportunity for someone to learn the role/company and develop their skills through an apprenticeship.
McMillan Chemdry are a family run business specialising in Carpet Cleaning, Curtain Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Rug Cleaning and Leather Furniture Cleaning across Glasgow and the surrounding areas. The Office Support Apprentice will report directly to the Office Manager. You will provide assistant to the wider office operation by supporting with office paperwork, procedures and answering incoming telephone calls in a polite and professional manner.
- Start with a 12 month Business Administration apprenticeship, using multiple systems including Microsoft Office applications to expertly handle all customer orders and maintaining all customer records
- Responsible for reception and front of house, greeting guests and visitors
- Answering all phones in a polite and professional manner
- Screen and appropriately direct calls and accurately take messages when require
- Manage the company email mail box (Daily)
- General office duties (Filing, Scanning, Photocopying, Binding etc) (Daily)
- Accurately input data to the company database
- Managing the Diary/ Meeting room diary (Daily)
- Making tea and coffee (Daily)
- Ordering stationery (this includes tea and coffee)
- Keep stationery cupboard/ Print room tidy
- All outgoing mail (Daily)
- To assist with the preparation of paperwork as and when required
- To run errands as and when required
- Ambitions to work within a Business Administration position with a strong work ethic and open to new ideas
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Monday - Friday
- 9am - 5:30pm
- GBP 5.50 per hour
- 25 days holiday
- Sociable working environment
- Closer public transport links
Future Career Progression:
- Full time and permanent opportunity after the apprenticeship Progression reviews within the business
- A salary review is subject to successful completion of Business Administration Apprenticeship
QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.