Service Delivery Engineer
Duration: 24 months minimum
Level: Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
Do you want to make a real difference to peoples’ lives? To help shape the way people live and communicate with each other, both now and in the future? To learn new skills on the job, gain professional qualifications and build yourself the perfect career? Then you’re looking in the right place the apprenticeship opportunities at BT could help you do just that.
We’re the proud guardians of a critical national asset, the local access network. It’s the infrastructure that delivers the data, broadband and voice services to each home and business throughout the UK, sometimes referred to as the ‘first mile’.
We were created to give communications providers equal access to the wires and fibres that connect us all, and to maintain and improve this infrastructure, which underpins the entire UK communication industry.
This is a service delivery engineering role, installing and repairing equipment both in customer’s premises and within the external network. You’ll need to be able to work in all weather conditions and an ability to climb overhead distribution poles, access underground structures and work within customer homes. And you’ll need to be focussed on delivering quality and customer satisfaction.
4 GCSE’s at A-D (or equivalent), including Maths and English as standalone subjects. A full UK driving licence.
The technical competencies you’ll need
- Full UK manual driving licence
- PC literate
- Able to recognise colours effectively
- Able to work at heights
- Able to work in confined spaces
The technical knowledge you’ll need
- To understand customer care principles
- To understand how teams work effectively to deliver results
- Basic electrical principles (Ohms Law)
Professional, interpersonal and business skills
- Communicate effectively and work both independently and as part of a team
- Record and report information accurately to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Progress allocated tasks in accordance with the organisation reporting and quality systems
- Apply structured techniques to problem solving
- Apply strong interpersonal skills when dealing with colleagues, customers (end users) and clients
Attributes and behaviours
- Flexible attitude
- Flexible approach to work
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to perform under pressure
- A commitment to quality
- A thorough approach to work
- Logical thinking and creative approach to problem solving