Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is one of the largest technology companies in the world, operating in over 150 countries and market leading in several industries. Our culture is what defines us as a company: how we act, how we treat others, and how we conduct business. Our employees follow our values by continuously demonstrating bias for action, being innovators at heart, and always putting partnerships first. Working for HPE is an excellent opportunity for a self-motivated, proactive individual to contribute to driving the continued success of HPE in the UK&I marketplace.
Within HPE sits the Aruba Business Unit. Aruba is the networking division of HPE; providing solutions for the mobile era. Aruba was founded sixteen years ago and has experienced exponential growth. We still very much retain our unique ‘start-up’ culture.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Aruba sales team as a Sales Support Apprentice. The role will give you the opportunity to work closely with members of the Aruba field teams and other departments such as marketing, finance and supply chain.
This important position involves supporting the external field Sales, Systems Engineering (SE) and Channel organisation by providing back-office support.
This role will include, but not be limited to;
- Acting as office-based (Bracknell) support for the External field Sales, System Engineers and Channel teams.
- Provide an office-based contact for end customers and channel/distribution partners. This will involve handling calls from end users and channel partners (I.e external organisations)
- Assist with quoting for both product and services, including liaising with our deals desk in Cork, Ireland to expedite pricing quotes and handle pricing queries.
- Assist with support renewals. This will involve liaising with our support renewals teams.
- Follow up on deliveries, and assist with general customer and channel enquiries.
- Assist with organising demonstrations and loans. This will involve helping our team identify demonstration equipment and coordinating sending to site.
- Ensure our CRM System (SalesForce.Com) governance is kept up to date on a regular basis.
- Ensure supply chain activities are actioned accordingly.
- Work with the sales and channel team to reduce administrative tasks maximizing time for Sales to focus on customer meetings.
- In short, act as an ‘anchor point’ for the external field teams, providing support to enable them to work more efficiently.
Desirable Skills & Personal Qualities:
- A-Level or Equivalent Qualifications
- The successful candidate will demonstrate a highly collaborative approach; liaising with different teams and functions across the HPE-Aruba business. The candidate must be tenacious, have an eye for detail and the patience of a saint (!)
- In addition, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills – both written and verbally and have good attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and time management are a must as the role will require working on more than one piece of work at any given time
- 5 GCSEs A*-C or 4-9 including Maths and English Language
2 year fixed term contract. If successful will move into a full time role which will have a salary increase.