Operations Apprentice - Bolton
- Business & Admin
- Armed Forces
- Bolton remove
MBDA are looking for the skilled workforce of the future, join us to learn and develop, ensuring a long term career in manufacturing.
Therefore this four year programme offers a fantastic opportunity for you to join an accredited apprenticeship scheme that has developed some of the leading apprentices in the UK.
What you will be doing
Operations apprentices study for a minimum of a HNC in Electrical Engineering at Wigan & Leigh College on day release, and work within our business on rotational placements the remainder of the week, whilst earning a competitive salary and with access to all of the company benefits. This unique way of studying allows you to earn an academic and nationally recognised qualification as well as gain hands on learning experience within a professional and friendly workplace.
You will also complete an NVQ Level 3 in Engineering, as well as being trained to solder to internationally recognised standards.
This “hands-on” four year programme includes placements around the business in:
- Printed Electrical Circuit Manufacturing
- Cable Manufacturing
- Missile Assembly
- Missile Integration
- Missile Test
- Calibration & Maintenance
As well as challenging placements you will have the opportunity to undertake developmental training:
- An induction event that allows you the opportunity to interact with fellow new-starters, and integrate into the business
- 2 x 1 week-long residential courses in Wales to develop skills, such as team working, business communication, presentation and project management skills.
- 2 day career development workshop at the end of the scheme to assist you moving from an apprentice into the business.
You’ll be provided with formal advice and guidance throughout the scheme by HR, learning & development, operations managers across the business and a trained mentor.
What are the benefits for you?
- Fully funded HNC in Electrical Engineering and NVQ Lv 3 in Engineering (with the possibility of a HND but only if this is required by the business)
- On the job training and technical support
- Fantastic opportunities to bring your technical knowledge to schools as a STEM ambassador
- A range of personal development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- 25 paid days Holiday plus public holidays
What’s great about joining this team?
- A breadth of experience and support is available which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other Early Careers Programme (ECP) members and managers.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan state of the art shop floor environment and laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you?
- Candidates must have a minimum of:
- 5 GCSEs including Maths, English and Science at grade 4 / C grade or above, OR
- 96 UCAS points if you have undertaken a BTEC or A-Levels.
- GCSE Maths and English at Grade C / Level 4 or above
- Good attention to detail, have dexterity for fine work, a calm and patient nature,
- A willingness to learn and apply newly gained knowledge quickly and be confident in learning with a “Can Do” attitude.
- To be capable of working as part of a team and individually.
- Ability to balance workload between college and work commitments.
What you would get:
£14,250 starting salary with an annual increase of up to £4000 dependant on your performance in your placements and university. Flexible working hours, paid overtime if required, 25 paid days holiday, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, company bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)Sign-up or log in to apply