During this two-year programme you will acquire skills and knowledge to progress your career as an Operations Manager, Divisional Manager, Departmental Manager or Specialist Manager, by applying learning in your workplace and gaining a highly respected Higher Education qualification in Management and Leadership.
The Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership combines workplace learning with university study, providing you with the ability to be a highly effective and marketable manager in the changing 21st Century workplace.
This programme explores both the practical aspects of management and leadership and developing subject knowledge. You will learn through a variety of methods including:
- guided independent and workplace learning;
- portfolio building;
- tutorials/group discussions with your course tutors and peers (typically one day every 2-4 weeks using a blend of learning via virtual technology and in-person workshops) with tutors and guest lecturers at our dedicated and newly refurbished Higher Education campus facilities in Newbury
Typical units include:
- Operational Leadership and Management
- Developing, Managing and Leading individuals and teams
- Developing Stakeholder Relations
- Managing Projects
- Managing Change
- Creating and delivering operational plans
- Managing Finance
- Reflective Practice
Apprenticeship Standard: ST0385