Not taking applications
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise.
Alongside world-class legal careers, Clifford Chance offers excellent opportunities in the support functions that underpin its business operations. By joining us in business services, you will help us to innovate in the way we deliver our services and enable us to run a successful multinational business that never stands still.
This role is to provide a first class receptionist service as well as a comprehensive telephony & e-fax service for the Partners, staff and clients of the London office of Clifford Chance.
Monday - Friday, shifts between 0730-2100 (potentiall up to midnight for the switchboard)
Detailed Job Description:
You will work as part of a team of receptionists who have first class customer service skills and a very strong work ethic.
• First line support for any office issues at Coleman Street, including, but not limited to basic IT queries; AV support, as per the Reception SOPS
• First point of contact for all client meeting rooms, providing support to include (but not limited to) printing and photocopying
• Using the computerised booking system (Datacraft) for reserving meeting room space, equipment and catering requests and producing reports
• Any other duties as requested by clients, supervisors or your manager.
• Answer and process internal and external calls to the switchboard in a courteous and efficient manner
• Provide the highest possible standard of service to all requests for help or advice regarding switchboard and e-fax
• Communicating contact details and summary of new business enquiries to Business Development contacts via e-mail
• Process all incoming & outgoing faxes through e-fax
• Communicate any actual or potential problems with the telephone system hardware or software to the ITSC and Switchboard Team Leader
• Recognise any actual or potential problems with difficult calls and pass details on to the Switchboard Team Leader
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of procedures pertaining to ARC, IPT and e-fax
• Maintain up to-date knowledge of all allocated administrative tasks and duties
• Maintaining up to date knowledge of procedures pertaining to Business Continuity
• Undertake any other duties as requested by Client Services Manager
• Booking appropriate meeting room space, organising catering and equipment for over 40 client meeting rooms, 50 internal meeting rooms, private dining rooms, video conference bookings and client conference facilities within our Canary Wharf and Coleman Street offices
• Supporting booking desk / reception for reserving meeting room space , equipment and catering requests and producing reports. Using the computerised
• Ability to communicate well with others both for taking and giving instruction
• Be adaptable to changing requirements and timescales
• Good organisational skills and makes decisions using sound judgement
• Organises time and workload effectively with the ability to prioritise
• Professional and approachable at all times, always displaying a positive, willing and flexible manner.
• Basic keyboard skills
We are looking for someone professional, hard working and keen to start building their career!
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £4.20 an hour for under 18's, £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.