- Advanced Apprenticeship
Apprenticeship duration: 24 months
Vacancy Short Description - Why should I apply?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a ‘Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies To Work For’ and the UK's largest tenant referencing and specialist insurance firm. Our people are some of the most knowledgeable and experienced in our sector, and we’re looking for ambitious, hardworking and self-motivated people to join them in a rewarding company with real opportunities.
Vacancy Full Description - What work will I be doing? What duties and responsibilities will I have?
The Barbon Insurance Group Limited, is the parent company to a number of well established brands within the Private Rented Sector. Acting as an insurance intermediary, Barbon provides both tenant referencing and a wide range of insurance services to protect both landlords and tenants alike.
The main purpose of your role will be to assist the Legal & Claims Team in delivering an efficient, high quality claims provision to our customers. You will achieve this by undertaking the administrative tasks of the Team efficiently, enabling the Claims Handlers to focus on complex insurance and legal related matters.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Adhere to all relevant policies, local processes, regulatory and business service level agreements;
- Manage file creation in our Claims Management System ensuring that all documents & evidence are reviewed and stored appropriately;
- Manage all customer enquiries across varied mediums, including but not restricted to email, telephone & post
- Take pre-emptive steps to enhance recovery potentials within a claim by ensuring all data input is accurate and validated;
- Organise all incoming/outgoing post to ensure that legal documents are served in line with relevant legislation;
- Chase outstanding Claim documents to enable claims to progress as efficiently as possible subsequently reducing the financial outlay;
- Organise and seek approval for Legal briefs that will be sent to the County court, Solicitors agents and all Defendants in legal proceedings; and
- Diligently undertake all other duties as reasonably requested.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups. You will be supported to undertake recognised qualifications whilst gaining invaluable on-the-job experience. You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, and able to work to instructions.
Annual Wage £:
Working Week (total hours plus shift pattern for an average week):
37.5 hrs/wk, Mon-Fri 9am – 5.30pm, inc. 1hr unpaid lunch
CILEx Law School has strong employer links within this industry sector and following on from successful completion of this apprenticeship there may be the opportunity for progression onto Chartered Legal Executive training.
Who is the employer? Where will I be working?
Barbon Insurance Group Limited
The Legal Apprentice role is based at our office in Lincoln
25 day’s holiday + bank holidays, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service, healthcare cash plan, subsidised gym memberships, online discounts and cashback cards from a variety of high street retailers, free parking, free office fruit, on site therapies, and a variety of flexible benefits (including private medical cover, private dental cover, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, charitable giving)
Training to be provided?
CILEx Law School is the training provider for this paralegal apprenticeship.
The two-year apprenticeship includes the CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice. We are experts in delivering this qualification to apprentices. Apprentices will study:
- An introduction to law and practice
- One area of law most relevant to the role
- Its associated area of legal practice
- Client Care Skills
- Legal Research Skills
We offer face to face teaching or live interactive webinars in small class sizes. We do not teach by recorded webinars.
In addition, we support paralegal apprentices to achieve the Paralegal Standard through:
- regular one to one work-place visits by a legal trainer;
- guidance on compiling a portfolio to meet the requirements of the Paralegal Standard and
- skills training.
There would also be job-specific training through working alongside experienced staff at the employer.
You may need to study English and Maths depending on prior attainment.
CILEx Law School provides effective and accessible training for a wide range of professional and vocational legal qualifications. Our emphasis is on quality, innovation, and flexibility in course delivery, coupled with excellence in customer service. We are wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and have been delivering legal training for 35 years and legal apprenticeships since 2012.
For more information, see www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk
We will review your application against the criteria below when considering your suitability for the role, only applications which clearly demonstrate with evidence that they meet the essential criteria will be short-listed for interview. Desirable criteria are those that enhance your capacity to do the job but can be acquired once in employment.
You must provide evidence to demonstrate you meet the criteria within your application form to be short-listed.
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
If you will be required to commute, then please carefully consider the cost and time involved before applying for the role.
- This is a monthly paid post and you are required to work a month in hand and you will be entitled to receive statutory minimum annual leave. The salary will be £14,500.00 per annum
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.
Sign-up or log in to apply