Paralegal Apprenticeship - Francis George Solicitor-Advocate LTD (Swindon)
- Distance Learning
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Employment & Training
- Level 3
- Level 3
- Professional Qualifications
Vacancy Short Description - Why should I apply?
This is a great opportunity for a committed and motivated individual to join a young, fast growing firm. We will give you the chance to develop all the key skills and attributes required for a successful career in the legal sector.
Vacancy Full Description - What work will I be doing? What duties and responsibilities will I have?
As a legal apprentice you will be exposed to a wide variety of legal work focusing on Civil Litigation or Conveyancing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work with fee earners within the Civil Litigation Department or Property Department.
- To make and receive telephone calls providing updates of information to relevant parties as required.
- To prepare and process correspondence and documents including letters, attendance notes.
- To assist with the preparation and collation of correspondence.
- To ensure that an effective filing system is maintained,.
- To assist with the dispatch of outgoing correspondence and enclosures.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of the firm’s and client documentation and information
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so.
- Opening and closing files
- Legal research
- Diary Management
- Attending meetings and court hearings and taking accurate notes
- Printing and photocopying
- Updating case management system
- Drafting invoices
The ideal candidate should have the confidence to deal with various individuals and groups and have excellent communication skills.
You will need to be a team player, reliable, adaptable, conscientious, and able to work to instructions and using your own initiative.
In addition you will need the skills for in-depth legal research and analysis, be able to prioritise and have strong written skills.
We are not expecting you to necessarily have all these skills and qualities though we will want to see a willingness and commitment to learning and development which we will continue to fully support with CILEx during the 2 year programme.
After qualification as a paralegal we would consider supporting the successful candidate through the Solicitors Apprenticeship Programme or the Chartered Legal Executive Qualification.
£260 pw (£13500 pa) with incremental increases dependant on performance
Working Week (total hours plus shift pattern for an average week):
35hrs/wk, Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm, inc. 1hr unpaid lunch
CILEx Law School has strong employer links within this industry sector and following on from successful completion of this apprenticeship there may be the opportunity for progression onto Chartered Legal Executive training.
Who is the employer? Where will I be working?
francis george solicitor-advocate ltd
The Legal Apprentice role is based at our office in Swindon with the potential to work in Witney, Oxfordshire from March 2019
Training to be provided?
CILEx Law School is the training provider for this paralegal apprenticeship.
The two-year apprenticeship includes the CILEx Level 3 Certificate in Law and Practice. We are experts in delivering this qualification to apprentices. Apprentices will study:
- An introduction to law and practice
- One area of law most relevant to the role
- Its associated area of legal practice
- Client Care Skills
- Legal Research Skills
We offer face to face teaching or live interactive webinars in small class sizes. We do not teach by recorded webinars.
In addition, we support paralegal apprentices to achieve the Paralegal Standard through:
- regular one to one work-place visits by a legal trainer;
- guidance on compiling a portfolio to meet the requirements of the Paralegal Standard and
- skills training.
There would also be job-specific training through working alongside experienced staff at the employer.
You may need to study English and Maths depending on prior attainment.
CILEx Law School provides effective and accessible training for a wide range of professional and vocational legal qualifications. Our emphasis is on quality, innovation, and flexibility in course delivery, coupled with excellence in customer service. We are wholly owned by the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives, and have been delivering legal training for 35 years and legal apprenticeships since 2012.
For more information, see www.cilexlawschool.ac.uk
We will review your application against the criteria below when considering your suitability for the role, only applications which clearly demonstrate with evidence that they meet the essential criteria will be short-listed for interview. Desirable criteria are those that enhance your capacity to do the job but can be acquired once in employment.
You must provide evidence to demonstrate you meet the criteria within your application form to be short-listed.
If you will be required to commute, then please carefully consider the cost and time involved before applying for the role.
- This is a monthly paid post and you are required to work a month in hand and you will be entitled to receive statutory minimum annual leave. The salary will be £13500 per annum
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work.
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding.