Foundation in Acting for Film Part-Time
Looking to build your future in the screen industries? Met Film School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
This course is for students who want to explore the technical skills required to act for the camera and learn the role of the actor on the broader film set.
Part-Time Foundation in Acting for Film is designed to improve your understanding of:
- Techniques used to project confidence, improve physical movement and deliver believable performance in front of the camera
- The use and purpose of subtext in performance
- How to break down a scene into story beats and be able to define terms such as ‘through the line' and ‘spine.'
- How the process of analysis can improve your performance
- Rehearsals and how best to put into practice techniques such as improvisation, speaking out an interior monologue and rehearsing the script beat by beat
For students who want to explore different screen crafts before deciding on the next step in their career or studies. All courses are suitable for beginners; no previous experience is required. Foundation courses are typically delivered on Tuesday evenings from 7pm to 10pm.
Find out more.