Six Month Acting Part-Time
Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Part-Time Six-Month Acting is designed for students who are looking to forge acting careers, want to build skills to produce a powerful on-screen performance and become familiar with filmmaking process as a whole.
During this course you will:
- Take part in several exercises filmed by a professional crew and edited by a professional post-production artist
- Find out how subtext in acting can influence performance and how to evaluate your choices as an actor when addressing script material
- Learn how to break down a scene into story beats and to define terms such as ‘through the line' and ‘spine.'
- Examine how to get the most from your rehearsals and use techniques such as improvisation, speaking out an interior monologue and rehearsing the script beat by beat
- Explore the casting process and how to prepare yourself for an audition
While this course is suitable for beginners, we may require a CV and showreel to demonstrate your acting potential. If you are unable to provide this, we may ask that you give a monologue or ‘piece to camera' as part of your application.
Find out more.