Six-Month Documentary Filmmaking Part-Time
Looking to build your future in the screen industries? MetFilm School is the perfect place to turn your passion into practice. Working closely with leading industry professionals, we offer you a career-focused, cutting edge, practical learning experience.
Part-Time Six-Month Documentary Filmmaking is an intensive practical course with a part-time schedule that builds fundamental filmmaking skills and focuses on the specifics of the documentary genre, such as filming everyday life and real people. The course culminates in the production of your own short documentary film.
During this course you will:
- Look at the history and evolution of documentary – examine historical and recent examples of successful documentaries and analyse today’s marketplace
- Understand the technical aspects of screen content creation: camera, lighting, editing and sound
- Develop ideas for documentary – researching a subject, writing a proposal and creating a treatment
- Learn how to planning and controlling your productions and work with real people rather than actors
- The course culminates in the production of your short documentary film.
Find out more.