Patisserie NVQ Level 3
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- College Courses
- Level 3
- Professional Qualifications
- Hospitality and Catering
PROFESSIONAL PATISSERIE NVQ DIPLOMA LEVEL 3
This Diploma is aimed at encouraging you to develop complex patisserie skills, and establishing a base of knowledge in design and display, portion control and costing, new technology and new products. If you live outside London, the College offers accommodation and the possibility to work for a Catering Company in the meantime you are studying
WHO ARE THEY FOR
These qualifications are aimed at learners interested in hospitality and catering. It is both for new entrants and also for those already working in hospitality and catering.
- Level 3 Diploma in Patisserie
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award in the Principles of Nutrition in Food Production
- RSPH Level 2 Food Safety & Hygiene for Catering
Immediate employment as Pastry Chef.
During the Patisserie course Level 3 the student will learn specialist skills such as complex doughs, cakes and pastry products.
How to prepare process and finish marzipan, pastillage, sugar products plus a range of complex hot and cold desserts.
- One to one coaching with Professional Mentor
- CPD sessions- Continual Professional Development
- Visiting hotels and Restaurants, Contract Caterers to gain insight
- Teamwork, developing positive working relationships with others
- Opportunity to enter national competitions in your field of work
- Placement opportunities with famous chefs
- On-line learning and testing programme
Morning: 8:45am-12:20pm Practical Training Cookery
Afternoon: 1:00-5:30 Theory Classes
Mandatory Units in the Patisserie Course Level 3, Total of 60 Credits
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food (4 Credits)
- Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the working environment (4 Credits)
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues (9 Credits)
- Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink (5 Credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish complex bread and dough products ( 4 Credits)
- Contribute to the development of recipes and menus (4 Credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products (3 Credits)
- Prepare, process and finish complex chocolate products (5 Credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones (5 Credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cold desserts (3 Credits)
- Produce sauces, fillings and coatings for complex desserts (4 Credits)
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot desserts (3 Credits)
- Prepare, process and finish marzipan, pastillage and sugar products (5 Credits)
- Employment rights and responsibilities in the hospitality, leisure, travel and tourism sector (2 Credits)