Duration: 3 years
Location: North Harbour, Portsmouth
Entry Requirements: 5 GCSEs grade 4-9 including Maths and English Language. You don’t need to be studying a technical A-Level or equivalent, we accept all subject backgrounds.
This is an excellent exciting opportunity to join our in-house pension department as a Pension Officer within IBM. The team have responsibility for the administration of both Defined Benefit and Hybrid Defined Benefit/Defined Contribution pension schemes as well as supporting other related administration duties. The Pensions team comprises of about 60 people providing a number of supporting activities to the IBM pension plans, including (but not exclusively); Plan Administration, Finance and Accounting support, Business Controls and Communications.
The role is office based and located within the IBM offices situated within the modern Lakeside Business Park, situated on the outskirts of Portsmouth. The office is easily accessible from the motorway and there are excellent transport links to the city centre and surrounding areas.
- Producing quotations and setting up benefits for members including retirement, death and leaving service before retirement, transfers into or out of the pension scheme.
- Maintaining and updating member records for example revised Benefit nominations changes of address or marital status
- Understanding and application of benefit structures, Trust Deed and Rules, Inland revenue guidance notes and Disclosure requirements
- Full responsibility for managing and completing allocated work split within the team.
- Responding to pension scheme enquiries from members, including fund valuation requests, information on investment options; clarification of the benefits payable under the pension scheme
- Checking and authorising other team members’work.
- General Administration duties including opening the post and scanning, creating and managing workflow tasks
- Working to deadlines
- Ownership of processes and procedures
- Ad hoc project work.