This is a truly generalist role, working alongside the central functions People team to provide a wide range of support to managers and employees. The central functions People team support a population of c.300 people across functions such as Finance, Marketing, Procurement, IT, Property, Secretariat. The team also has wider responsibility for reward, benefits and policies.
Reporting to the People Partner, you will provide operational HR and project support. The role has a strong generalist HR focus, but also provides the opportunity for someone to be actively involved in proactive talent management and development, organisation change and HR improvement activities, along with project work.
The central People function is both a site-based HR function and a Centre of Excellence to the wider People team and organisation. The Corporate People function also manages specialist areas such as Reward and Pensions, EDI, Occupational Health and strategic projects.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Takes responsibility for providing advice and generalist HR support across central functions.
- Develops effective on-going relationships at all levels across central functions establishing yourself as a credible, respected and valued advisor, responding to queries directly and influencing managers to follow a best practice approach.
- Own the delivery of key people processes such as absence, maternity, paternity, flexible working, probation etc.
- Operate as HR lead in the performance management of individuals and other employee relations situations (e.g. performance improvement plans, capability problems, disciplinary scenarios, grievances).
- Support the People Partner in the planning and implementation of organisation changes, HR projects and initiatives that support the Wincanton people strategy.
- Produce accurate weekly and monthly reports for the Corporate people team as required.
- Proactively spot/implement opportunities to improve team ways of working and supporting customers; identify problems and find solutions.
- Assist in training and developing managers in people related matters, ensuring processes are followed and legislation is met.
- Providing HR support for ad-hoc operational business related projects e.g. new business wins, TUPE.
- Recruitment tracking, interview support and administration.
- Support the health and wellbeing committee (CHIPS) and social activities.
- Assist management with Occupational Health referrals and case management.
- Support cyclical activities i.e. salary review, bonus, performance, engagement, succession planning etc.
- 5 GCSEs A*-C (9-4) including Maths and English.
- Level 3 HR CIPD qualification