An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic People Assistant working on a full time basis 5 days a week based at our Wakefield site for Morrisons. You will be working as part of a Central People Hub to support the Morrisons Transport operations based across 4 sites.This role is in a people facing fast paced environment therefore the person will need to thrive from such settings and be comfortable in dealing with people and pay queries.
- To assist the People team in providing a high-quality professional people service.
- To support the management of time and attendance system Kronos, ensuring all information is up to date and accurate.
- To ensure all policies and procedures are followed in line with the site agreement and legislation.
- To support absence management, including administration and policing of the absence procedure and providing guidance to managers.
- To provide support to managers, in particular, note taking during disciplinary, grievance cases including welfare issues and flexible working requests.
- Maintaining administration records on the online People portal system.
- Assist and advise managers on all aspects of the recruitment process.
- To ensure that occupational health records are kept up to date.
- To ensure personnel files are kept up to date and accurate to meet legal compliance requirements.
- To support with engagement and communication across all 4 sites.
- To effectively resolve pay queries.
Minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.