We have a rare opportunity for an ambitious and hardworking apprentice to join our Field Sales team here at PepsiCo! This is an entry level sales opportunity that will enable you to get to know our products, business and customers from the ground up, and will provide a great foundation to build a career within one of the biggest FMCG companies globally.
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making everyday favourites like Walkers, Quaker, Doritos, Quavers and Monster Munch, to name a few. We have a phenomenal reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being an excellent place to work and have recently won The Times Top Employer for Women for the sixth year in a row. As well as that we have built Strategies for Success, which is a long-standing program designed to accelerate middle – management Female talent.
On a larger scale, PepsiCo produces the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands, including 22 product lines that each generates more than $1billion in annual retail sales.
Our frontline sales reps are one of the main factors of our success across our independent customer base. They establish long term relationships with independent retailers ensuring our Snacks products such as Walkers, Doritos and many more, are always stocked in store. Their passion for our brands and drive for results is what helps drive our business forward in this key channel.
Our frontline sales reps are responsible for driving range and availability in their territory – in this role you are responsible for unlocking the sales potential within the postcodes you operate in utilising the stock that you carry in your van and the sales tools and training that you are supported with. You will be fully trained in understanding how to spot opportunities and you will work in partnership with the retailers to increase growth. We understand that every one of our customers is different so you’ll be using both your sales expertise and your ability to build relationships to make recommendations on what products they should stock, inform them of new and exciting campaigns they can expect to see from us and generally make sure that all of our brands are being represented in the best possible way they can be. If you have a hunger for sales, a passion for snacks and are keen to learn the skills required for a successful career in one of the best FMCG sales organisations, then this is the opportunity for you.
We are a results-driven organisation and our expectations are high which is why we need talented, dynamic and hard-working individuals to join us. In return you’ll be given every opportunity to promote your own personal and professional development in a supportive, dynamic and people-centric organisation.
You will be driving a 3.5 tonne van and lead your own territory and look after a customer base of around 120 small independent stores. You’ll be out on the road working visiting your customers and working independently a lot of the time, so you'll need to be self-motivated with strong time management skills.
What you will get up to:
- You will follow set journey schedules
- You will seek new customer opportunities for your territory to maintain you buying call file
- You will provide a regular, reliable and consistent service for our customers
- Relationship building with your stores to help deliver your sales targets and drive our share performance.
- You will lead daily stock and cash processes for ordering, picking and delivering of stock
- You will be responsibility for growing defined targets across your territory
- You will collect and unload stock from cash & carry at the beginning and end of the day
- Alongside your day-to-day role, you will take on project work as well as learning and development opportunities in order to develop your sales career at PepsiCo. We’ll also fully support your studies towards a Level 4 Sales apprenticeship qualification.
What we want from you:
- GCSE Maths & English at Grade 5 or above (B or above)
- Appetite to study towards a Level 4 Sales Apprenticeship qualification
- Hunger and drive to succeed in a global FMCG company
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Incredibly self-driven personality
- Organisation skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Ability to think on your feet
- Some form of work experience
We see our Future Sales Professionals as a foot in the door at one of the biggest FMCG companies in the UK and globally and being part of our organisation will open up a wealth of career development opportunities. Here at PepsiCo we value our employees and we will invest the time to help you find the right career path for you.
Salary & Benefits - £24,300 starting salary + £13,668 performance-based bonus scheme. Company mobile, flexible benefits package (25 days holiday + bank holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 more, company pension, discounted hotels & restaurant deals, gym discount PLUS so much more.)
For any successful candidates who do not currently hold a Full UK manual driver's license, we will offer a paid driving tuition course for you gain a full manual UK driving license.
The program starts in September 2022 and we are looking forward to hearing from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and comply with the Equality Act 2010, we value diversity at our company; it is an essential part of our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, pregnancy or maternity, marital/civil partnerships, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, disability or race including; colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin.
Please be aware that the Apprenticeship Program will start on 1 September 2022. We will close the application on 31 May 2022.