Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technicians plan, select, install, service, commission and maintain all aspects of plumbing and heating systems.
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technicians plan, select, install, service, commission and maintain all aspects of plumbing and heating systems. Plumbing and domestic heating technicians can find themselves working inside or outside a property.
- Customer service skills and being tidy and respectful are important qualities as they can often find themselves working in customers’ homes as well as on building sites.
- As a competent Plumbing and Heating Technician, the installation of plumbing and heating systems includes accurate measuring, marking, cutting, bending and jointing metallic and non-metallic pipework.
- Appliances and equipment can include gas, oil and solid fuel boilers as well as pumps, heat emitters, bathroom furniture or controls as part of a cold water, hot water, and central heating or above ground drainage and rainwater systems.
- Plumbing and Domestic Heating Technicians are at the forefront of installing new and exciting environmental technologies like heat pumps, solar thermal systems, biomass boilers and water recycling systems.
- It is important for a plumbing and heating technician to be able to work independently or as a team and use their knowledge and skills to ensure that both the system and appliances are appropriately selected and correctly installed, often without any supervision, and done so in a safe, efficient and economical manner to minimise waste.
£ 300 per week
Monday - Friday
Possible Start Date:
Application Close Date:
Plumbing and domestic heating technician (Level 3)
- GCSE English and Maths 4-9/A-C
• Being able to follow instructions.
• Having good communication skills.
• Being methodical and organised.
• Having good concentration.
• Being able to work to strict deadlines.
The person we are looking for will be;
- Fully committed to learning the job.
- Not afraid of hard work.
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
Training to be Provided
- full on the job training
- 1 day per week college attendance
Skilled plumbing engineer, team leader, manager