Salary - £24,000 to £27,000 per annum depending on experience
Love learning and developing. Love every drop. Our wholesale services team have a permanent position for a Pollution Technician to join the team.
Wholesale Services operates at the core of our business. The team provides essential insight into our water networks and operational assets to make sure that our customers receive high quality water and waste water services that they expect from a leading water provider, now and in the future. We plan and prepare for increases in demand, environmental changes and unexpected events, making sure that our customers receive our support 365 days a year. Our teams do this by collating precise information, expertise and knowledge which gives us a unique, in-depth understanding of the condition and performance of our network and assets. Join Anglian Water to help make a difference and provide a vital service.
What will you be doing?
In this role you will provide support and assistance to the Tactical Operations Manager in order to own the production of regional data relating to pollutions, N-Alarms and associated performance information.
You will also carry out analysis and root cause investigations into all reported pollution events. As well as this you will support Operational Control Managers (OCM) with tactical categorisation of pollution events and ensure adherence to correct reporting and evidence gathering processes.
An important part of your role will be to work closely with key stakeholders in the development of new tools and processes associated with the gathering, processing and report production in relation to business activities associated with pollution prevention.
What do you need?
Our ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and the following:
- Knowledge and good understanding of Regulatory Procedures.
- Preferably possess wastewater operational knowledge with an understanding of factors likely to cause pollutions and likely impact assessments
- High standard of IT literacy including interrogation skills.
- Knowledge of SAP data retrieval analysis and reporting.
- Working knowledge and experience of using other key data systems; RMS, IRIS, DWSMT etc.
- Data and database management expertise, ideally with Power BI experience.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance and Data Audits.
What benefits do we offer?
Being a successful water company doesn't come easy! Our people are important to us and we want to make sure that we reward and recognise all of the great work that they do. Some of our benefits include:
- Bonus scheme
- Private health care
- Competitive pension scheme
- 23 days annual leave rising with length of service
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing
- Flexible working (dependent on your role)
- Plus lots more!
We are passionate and committed to the learning and development of our people making sure they have the right skills and knowledge to be successful and to help achieve their potential. We also take Health and Safety very seriously in everything that we do.
If you are offered a job with us, you will be subject to the relevant/standard employment checks, including: your right to work in the UK, reference, driving licence and identity check. Depending on your role, you may also be subject to further pre-employment checks
Closing date: 29th March 2019
Interview dates: 10th and 12th April 2019
Sign-up or log in to apply