Power Engineer - Truro, Bournemouth, Reading, Oxford & Elign
Working as a Power Engineer you’ll develop the knowledge and skills needed to work safely on the electrical and mechanical power systems that provide power to BT’s large network. You could be:
- Learning how to maintain power supply and air conditioning in order for our critical equipment to work properly for our customers.
- Gaining skills to fix and maintain engines that keep our telephone exchanges, network equipment and data centres going in the event of a power failure.
- Working on the vital safety systems that protect our network such as our alarm systems.
As well as on-the-job training, you’ll be put through a structured learning programme where you will gain a BTEC diploma as well as an NVQ qualification.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship and training, you’ll become part of a team responsible for a number of telephone exchanges and data centres in your area of the country.
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4 – 9 (C or above) including English Language and Maths at grade 6 (B or above)
- A full driving licence with no more than six points
- To meet our safety requirements by showing you can recognise a range of colours