Power Planning Engineer - Edinburgh, Bedford & Southampton
Everything in a telephone exchange needs power, and as a Power Planning Engineer apprentice you will find the space and capacity for new equipment and upgrades to existing telephone exchanges or data centres.
- Create plans for space and capacity for new equipment and upgrades.
- Plan for both AC power and DC power systems.
- Plan the safe installation and replacement of engines and customer equipment in our telephone exchanges.
- Perform site surveys for customers.
You’ll need to use problem solving skills and apply a careful approach to planning to get the job done. Along the way you’ll also have to make sure documentation such as computer-aided design drawings are up to date, and you’ll be trained to use these systems.
Every job is different and you can find yourself in the office or out on site, there’s never a dull day in planning!
- A minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4 – 9 (C or above) including English Language and Maths at grade 6 (B or above).
- A full driving licence with no more than six points.
- To meet our safety requirements by showing you can recognise a range of colours.