PR Apprentice (Level 4)- Igd Services Limited
Not taking applications
- Higher Apprenticeship
- Public Relations
Annual wage- £13,000.00
Working week- Monday to Thursday, 9am-5pm; Fridays 9am-4pm. Total hours per week: 39.00
Apprenticeship duration- 15 months
Possible start date- 19 Mar 2018
Apprenticeship level- Higher Level Apprenticeship
Reference number- VAC001362261
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and talented PR apprentice to join our busy in-house communications team, supporting us to deliver our objectives as part of IGD’s business plan.
No two days are ever the same for our team and the pace of work can be hectic. You would be helping to ensure the press office runs like clockwork day to day, but also writing articles, responding to media queries, meeting journalists, helping to manage media at our events, posting on our various Twitter accounts and working on our internal communications strategy, among many other areas.
IGD offers delicious homemade lunches to all colleagues free of charge and is based in a beautiful countryside setting just outside Watford. There are several stations (Radlett, Watford, Bushey and Stanmore) within a 10-15-minute drive and we are within easy access of the M1 and the M25.
The PR Apprentice will be required to undertake (but not be restricted to) the following activities as part of their role.
- Writing - Writing for business communications and for the media (this could include articles, news releases, blogs, case studies and media statements)
- Social media - Understanding when and which social media channel is appropriate and how it can be incorporated into a PR campaign. Using social media in a strategic and effective way for IGD, including posting plans and ad hoc activity for our team Twitter account
- Media liaison - Understanding how the media operates, dealing with day to day inquiries from the media, pitching stories to the media, building relationships with the media (i.e. journalists), creating and maintaining media lists, monitoring and evaluating our press clippings
- Deliver PR campaigns – Supporting the team in brainstorming and creating new campaigns, working to deliver a strategy to meet IGD’s communications objectives and business plan
- Evaluate IGD’s communications – Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of our communications and sharing wider results with internal stakeholders
- Presentation - Planning, structuring and delivering presentations where appropriate
- Research & data analysis – Conducting research for the team and/or clients and reporting key details
- Events - Planning, organising and co-ordinating media at events for IGD
- Stakeholder management – Sharing key industry news with relevant internal stakeholders, including daily headlines and regular monitoring of key grocery trade media. Developing an understanding of IGD’s stakeholder landscape
The PR apprentice will also be required to demonstrate workload management by undertaking the following activities.
- Time management - Planning, organising and prioritising your workload to ensure deadlines and objectives for both work activities and apprenticeship training are met
- Diary management – Ensuring email/online diaries are kept up to date
- Meetings – Arranging internal and external meetings, ensuring rooms are suitable and attendees’ needs are catered for
- Career development - Taking responsibility for personal learning and professional development
Working with people
The PR apprentice will also be required to demonstrate the following in their ability to work with people.
- Professional relationships – Developing professional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, effective listening and verbal/written communication
- Communicating with supervisors/mentors - Ensuring they are aware of work in progress and are briefed when any problems arise
- Team building - Working with teams to achieve goals and promote a motivated work environment
- Networking - Building a professional network of other PR professionals whilst maintaining a professional image
- Follow company and training provider procedures at all times
- Produce high quality work with attention to detail
- Maintain a positive company and personal image
- You may be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of IGD
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Skilled in Microsoft Office packages and experienced in social media
- Organised and able to manage own time
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexible and willing to learn
- Motivated and committed
- A ‘self-starter’ – someone who will use their initiative, be energetic and make the most of the opportunity
- Minimum of 3 A Levels or equivalent is desirable
- GCSE A*- C in English or equivalent
- GCSE A* - C in Maths or equivalent
Future opportunities may be available depending on availability.
Things to consider
You may be required to work flexible hours to meet the needs of IGD.Sign-up or log in to apply