This is a rare and exciting opportunity to be a PR Assistant for a leading high street retailer with the role based in London.
Reporting to a Senior PR Manager you will work with teams including Marketing and Trading, as well our external PR agency to develop and execute world class communications.
About the role:
• Manage the sampling office, ensuring the highest quality samples are delivered to key media within the time scales required.
• Work with the PR team on the updating and administration of its media database.
• Support the PR team with relevant administrative duties, plus support, where agreed, for our external PR agency.
• Develop an understanding of commercial priorities and support the PR team with drafting written materials such as emails, letters, basic press releases, contact reports, and biographies.
• Work with the external PR agency to drive PR through the most appropriate channels, ensuring that business needs are delivered.
• Develop and maintain a knowledge of consumer and trade media, offline and online, to ensure all opportunities are optimised.
• Develop and own relationships with internal colleagues, including Group Communications, Marketing and Category teams, plus our external PR agency.
What we want from you:
We are looking for someone who has learned the verbal and written skills to influence stakeholders at all levels, internally and externally.
The successful candidate will be able to manage a busy workload, dealing with a range of priorities through effective time management.
Excellent attention to detail is an essential given the nature of the role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for their first role in PR with A levels or equivalents, who is IT literate with experience of Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
What we will give you:
As well as the challenge and responsibility of an exciting new role in a fast-paced environment, you’ll find opportunities for considerable development and progression. In addition to a competitive salary, other benefits include:
• Annual bonus plan – linked to both personal and company performance
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days holiday per year
• Discounted BUPA and dental plans
• Generous staff discount
APPLY NOW FOR THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY