Private Client Tax Trainee
We are no longer receiving applications for this opportunity, but there are plenty more open so please continue searching.
- A Level Training Scheme
- Accounting & Tax
- Business & Admin
- Banking and Finance
- Salisbury remove
Role: Tax Trainee
Department: Private Client Tax Services
Start Date: September 2012
At Smith & Williamson we recruit high calibre people with the skills, knowledge and commitment to meet the demands of the business. The successful individual will join a five year structured training programme combining practical experience with technical studies for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) and the Chartered Taxation Adviser (CTA) qualifications.
If you are an A-level qualified candidate looking for first class training in Private Client Tax Services and meet our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- The preparation of Repayment Claim Forms and basic Tax Returns for individuals/ trusts and partnerships
- Dealing with correspondence from clients/HMRC and other third parties
- Advising clients of their forthcoming tax liabilities including writing to clients and 3rd parties where necessary
- Billing clients in a timely manner for the work we have carried out on their behalf
- Setting up new clients and dealing with the disengagement of departing clients
- Organisation of workload to ensure an efficient and timely service
- Other ad hoc administrative tasks
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be committed and motivated to studying towards the AAT, ATT and CTA qualifications
- Be able to deliver first class client service and work effectively as part of a team
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Be well organised and have the ability to prioritise your own workload
- Have a high level of general commercial awareness
- 280 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
- GCSE English and maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade B
- Stage 1 – complete our online application form
- Stage 2 – online verbal reasoning test
- Stage 3 – online numerical reasoning test
- Stage 4 – telephone interview with a member of the HR team
- Stage 5 – final interview and presentation with two managers and a director from our Salisbury Private Client Tax Services department
There is no deadline for this role, however, to avoid disappointment, we would advise you to apply as early as possible.